Chapter 13

I walked into the classroom for detention that day, dreading what I'd find. I knew that at least Bakugou would be present, and that alone was enough for me to drag my feet. 

To no one's surprise, the whole gang was present, even Ashido. I guess she wouldn't be stealing them away that day. Ashido and Kaminari smiled and waved me over to them. I took one look at the smug smile on Eijirou's face and quickly took the furthest seat away from their little back corner as possible. I flipped my hood up as soon as I was seated, and totally not to hide the blush on my face. What blush? I have no idea what you're talking about, I wasn't blushing at all. 

"It's cute you thought you were safe from us up here," Ashido said, making me jump slightly as she took the seat directly in front of me. The rest of the group spread out around me. Kaminari to my left, Sero just in front of him, Bakugou to my right, and Eijirou was seated behind me. Again. I shivered. 

"I told you all to fuck off and die like, three hours ago, why are you still trying?" I asked her. 

She smiled warmly at me, ruffling my hair with her hand like an older, patronizing sister. "Because, silly, Kirishima told us you were lying. Besides, Bakugou tells us to die at least four times a day. Doesn't really phase us anymore, sweetie." 

After pulling my head from her reach, I sized her up. "You're so Uraraka coded, it's freaky." 

Her eyes sparkled at the comment like it was a compliment. "That's the cute little brunette you're friends with back home, right?" 

I rolled my eyes, slouching back in my seat. "Fuck, you're a carbon copy of her." 

"Was that a compliment for me or her?" Her eyes were teasing, clearly enjoying the interaction. 

"Neither," I deadpanned. 

"You wound me, Mido." She placed a hand on her heart and faked a frown. 

I tilted my head in a reproachful manner. "Yet you keep coming back. Are you a masochist, Ashido?" 

She shot me a wink. "Wanna find out?" 

I couldn't stop the laugh that escaped me. The banter was nice after being cooped up with my own head for so long. 

Eijirou's head suddenly popped up right next to me. "I knew you were lying," he said, once again, too close to my face for comfort. Did this guy not know what person space was? 

I shot him a glare, hoping that it would cover the blush. I used my index finger to push his face away from mine. "Stay out of my bubble." I heard his chuckle, but I willed myself not to turn around. 

"Alright, now that Kirishima was proven right with a shadow of a doubt, what'd we do?" Kaminari asked, looking between his friends and me. 

I was so far down in my chair that when I let my head fall back, it thumped against the desk behind me. I stared up at the ceiling. "You leave me alone anyways?" 

"So he admits to fucking lying, great." 

I didn't even bother sparing Bakugou a glance. I did flip him off though, or at least I flipped off the general direction he was in. 

"Shouldn't we just respect his wishes?" Sero chimed in. 

"Sero," I spoke up. "You have my heart." 

"Wh-what?" I heard him stutter out, I smiled and rolled my eyes. Of course that would make him freak out. 

"Not when his wishes are fucking wrong," Ashido stated. I knew the girl had crossed her arms over her chest as she spoke. "Besides, I inked him, that means he's officially adopted."