Chapter 48

When my friends and I walked into my living room, I was greeted with the sight of my mother and Mitsuki. The women were laughing about something, both sporting their own glass of wine. My mother's carefree smile dropped when she caught sight of us.

For lack of literally anything better to say, I slide to the side, waving my arms at my friends. "Surprise, shawty!"

"Izuku Midoriya," my mother said in a clipped tone.

"Shit," Shinsou whispered beside me. "She is pissed."

"Hello, Ms. Midoriya," Todoroki greeted with a small head bow.

"What are they doing here?" my mother asked, completely ignoring the dual haired boy.

A lie formed in my brain easily, years of practice kicking in and taking over. "I told Uraraka about the break up and she forced them both on a trip out here. For emotional support or some shit," I made a point of sounding a little less happy and excited, rubbing at my elbow awkwardly.

"Break up?" Mistuki was the one to ask, one brow raised.

"Yeah..." I confirmed, wincing as I realized that Mitsuki knew when my friends had arrived and that Katsuki, Eijirou and I were very much in a relationship at that time.

"But you were just fine this morning?" Her eyes narrowed, sniffing out the lie a little too easily.

I rolled my eyes, really laying the teenage angst on thick. "We broke up last night and I called Uraraka, then we got back together like two hours later, and then broke up again like ten minutes ago. Shit's a little complicated right now."

"Izuku," my mother scolded, appalled by my behavior towards another adult. She could take my sass, but she'd be damned if I disrespected anyone else.

"Oh hush, Inko," Mitsuki tutted with a wave of her hand. "The boy's going through a break up with my kids, he's allowed to be a little shit about it."

My mother frowned at her reasoning, but didn't scold me further. I wasn't sure how long it would last after the blonde woman left though.

I crossed my arms over my chest, fully going the troubled teen son route. "What is she doing here anyways?" Okay, my tone was a little too bitchy. Dial it back.

Mitsuki answered for my mother, patting her leg. "Oh, well we thought if our boys were going to date, we should probably meet. Now, I'm just being neighborly," she said while tilting her wine glass towards me.

"Great," I sarcastically replied. "We'll be upstairs."

I didn't give either of them a chance to reply before I was beelining it for the stairs, my slightly dazed friends following behind. I made it to my bedroom door before halting.

Shinsou nearly ran into me, not expecting my sudden stop. "Iz?" he questioned in a soft voice.

"I don't think I can go in," I mumbled, dropping my eyes to the floor. I wasn't in the mood to push it. I didn't want to work through it, I didn't want to take it slowly, or face any demons. All I wanted was to hang out with three of my best friends and forget about how shitty my life was for one night.

"Guest room?"

The question caught me off guard. I blinked at Shinsou, a little lost for words. He hadn't pushed it, just found another solution to the problem. "Um, last door down the hall," I stuttered.

He nodded, tossing a look down the hall. "Need anything from here?" he tossed a look behind me.

"Um." I probably sounded stupid. I know I sounded stupid, but I physically could not understand how Shinsou just read me so well. "Comfy clothes... my blanket, that's about it."