Chapter 46

My shower took a little longer than normal for the simple fact that it was a quiet opportunity for me to catch my breath and think. After being ambushed by my friends and repeatedly harassed by Shinsou, I needed a break. By the time I left my bathroom, fully showered and dressed, forty five minutes had passed and I had a few texts from Eijirou and Katsuki. I shot a quick response letting them know that I was on my way over again.

I shoved my phone in the pocket of the oversized hoodie I was wearing, just as I entered my room. My eyes flashed up and I stopped dead in my tracks. Standing in the center of my room was Shigaraki, lazily letting his eyes glance over every inch of my space. It felt incredibly violating. His red eyes lit up when they caught sight of me, just as the last of the air was ripped from my lungs.

"Hello, little snitch," he greeted, his voice scratching like nails on a chalkboard.

I hadn't expected this to happen. Shigaraki was a creature of habit and routine, I was completely blindsided by the visit. My brain was lagging behind, unable to come up with a proper response to the man.

"You know," he said in a nonchalant tone that still sent shivers down my spine, walking towards my open window. "You should really start locking this thing." He flashed a smirk, a hand shooting out and pushing it closed, flipping the lock for good measure.

It took me all of two seconds to realize that he'd just trapped us inside together. I could make a run for the front door, but there was no guarantee I could make it. Even if Shigaraki didn't particularly look like he could beat me in a race, I didn't know if he was armed yet.

"What're you doing here?" I asked, willing my voice to be as even as possible. The last thing I wanted to do was reveal exactly how scared I was.

He smiled in a way that made my skin crawl, as he leisurely strolled over to the end of my bed, taking a seat with a shrug . "I've thought about what you said, about running out of friends," he spat the word like it was poison on his tongue. "Which means I need to add some new players to my party."

Hearing the lame ass video game reference made me want to bash my own brains in. I forgot how annoying he was with that shit. "Doesn't explain why you're here," I pointed out, keeping my cautious gaze trained on him, waiting for any sign that he was about to pounce.

His laugh was harsh at my words, a grating sound that made me want to curl up in a hole and die. "It explains everything, little snitch. You want out of the game, and I'm offering one." His words were vague and cryptic, but I knew instantly what he came for.

"You want me as your lackey," I mumbled in utter disbelief. If anything, hadn't our phone call been a clear testament to how I would never roll over for him?

Shigaraki stood and walked towards me. I thought he was going to walk out the door, but he stopped next to me, making me shrink back. "Think about it. You join me and I forget all about your loved ones. You can smoke, drink, party, whenever you want. You get to live the dangerous and fast life you were meant to. Don't try to pretend that a white picket fence future is what you really want. I know the darkest parts of you, Izuku Midoriya, and that's something you can't run from." He sent me that sadistic grin one last time before disappearing through my bedroom door.

I couldn't even breathe until I heard the front door shut and my house go silent. I inhaled until there was no room left in my lungs, and as I exhaled all the tears followed. He'd been in my room, my space, somewhere even my friends were rarely allowed in. It was mine and he had been there, destroying any peace it had to offer me.

My knees buckled underneath me, causing me to crash into the floor. I could still feel his presence, tainting the air and making it thick. It was so heavy, pressing in on me as breathing became impossible.