Chapter 44

True to her word, three o'clock rolled around and Uraraka was on the doorstep, Todoroki and Shinsou in tow. To her credit, the brunette looked every bit put together, not a hair out of place, no sweatpants in sight, and even a light layer of makeup. Leave it to Uraraka to never let a crisis let her look anything but perfect. The boys on the other hand just sported hoodies and jeans, which was typical for them. All and all, my friends looked like they stepped right out of one of the many pictures on my phone.

"I'm going to kill you," Uraraka said with a sweet smile as a way of greeting me. She didn't wait for a response, shouldering right past me into the boys' house. Todoroki gave a nod of acknowledgement as he strode past, following after the girl. That left me and Shinsou. Delightful.

"How're you holding up?" he asked, trying to break the awkward silence that had fallen on us. He was watching me closely, his violet eyes never looking away.

"Horrible," I only half-joke. "But what's new?" I stepped to the side a little more, hoping he'd take the hint to cut the conversation short and meet up with the rest of them.

Shinsou decided to totally misread the sign, because of course he did. Instead of walking into the house, he took a step in and had me stuck between him and the still open door, because he's an asshole. "You should have called me," he said softly, his height causing him to tower over me.

I was rattled from the close proximity and was desperately trying to find a way out of it without being mean. Despite everything, he was still one of my best friends, I didn't want to be too much of a dick. "I didn't tell my boyfriends," I pointed out sheepishly. "Why would I tell anyone else?"

"Because it's me," he stated, like it was an obvious fact that I was stupid to ignore. "I would have been here in a day. I would have dropped everything for you." Shinsou had seen the line and skipped right over it. He wasn't even pretending to just be my best friend. He'd gone into full delusional territory.

I stared at him, completely baffled. My mind couldn't comprehend that he had thought of that little speech and still decided to say it. I stopped caring about being a dick after that, pushing him away from me a tad rougher than necessary. "Something you need to understand is that you're one of my best friends, but that's all you are." I almost stopped there, seeing him flinch back from me. "I'm in a relationship, Shinsou. I have two amazing boyfriends that make me so fucking happy. Why do you want to ruin it so badly?" I let out a breath, staring him down. When it didn't seem like he was going to respond, I turned on my heels and walked to the kitchen.

The scene I walked in on wasn't a surprise. Eijirou and Uraraka were conspiring around one of their phones, I wasn't sure whose. Uraraka was giggling every other second, pointing her finger once in a while. Todoroki was sitting on a stool, leaning his elbows against the counter, and in the middle of a staring contest with Katsuki, who was leaning back on the opposite counter.

Eijirou was the first to notice me walking in, Shinsou not far behind, because of course he wasn't. I watched as my boyfriend's eyes shifted from me, to Shinsou, and back. "Darlin'?" he asked simply.

I smiled at the nickname, making my way to him and wrapping myself around his side. Without hesitation, his arm slung around my waist, holding me to his side. "What're you two plotting over here?" I questioned, a single eyebrow raised. I trusted nothing that involved my brunette friend.

Uraraka giggled, holding up the phone in her hand. I realized that it was my boyfriend's and not hers. "Ash is awake. I was getting Kirishima to text her to come over, so I can surprise her." Her voice was all bubbles and giddiness. At least one good thing was coming out of this situation, a long distance, lesbian reunion.