Chapter 8

Literally changed my settings in my phone to autocapitalize again just so I could start writing this before I go back home, be thankful.

"This'll hurt a little bit," Ashido said with a remorseful smile.

"Trust me, I'll be fine," I said back, getting more comfortable on the chair I was sitting in.

After a short argument, Bakugou had actually, somehow, I'm slightly convinced he has magic powers, got me to agree to the whole tattoo thing. It didn't help that Kirishima was right there, nodding along with everything the blond said. I had a feeling that's how the operated a lot of the time. Like two partners in crime, hatching their schemes, pure evil, making me betray my best friend like that. I knew Uraraka would kill me when she found out, but as soon as I explained the situation, her sights would be set on the fiery blond and charismatic redhead and it wouldn't be my problem anymore. Maybe she'd kill them instead and I wouldn't have to deal with all this... weirdness. 

Bakugou was looking way too smug as Ashido started up her tattoo gun. We had all had to pile into Kirishima's truck, which apparently did have room for all of us, and head to the girl's house, seeing as that was where the machine was. Somehow her parents had no problem with her running an illegal tattoo parlor out of her bedroom? These people just kept getting weirder and weirder.

Ashido was the only one who took my words seriously. Everyone else was watching me carefully, waiting for my reaction as the tattoo gun hummed to life. The needle touched my skin and they all waited with bated breath.

"You guys actually tapped out from this? I'm gonna be honest, I was expecting worse," I admitted, looking at Kirishima, Kaminari, and Sero. Bakugou had already said he'd never tapped out before, so I decided to throw him a bone and exclude him from my judgement.

"Dude-" Kaminari whined.

Sero raised an eyebrow. "It's your inner wrist, and you're just chilling right now?"

I shrugged my right shoulder, seeing as my left wrist was the one Ashido was currently working on. "I've been through the wringer, this barely stings."

"Dude, you're so manly," Kirishima said in awe.

"Thanks?" I said a little confused. "I think." It wasn't exactly the compliment I'd hoped for from the redhead. 

Ashido peaked up at me. "It's a compliment, don't worry." She shot me a wink.

"Got it," I mumbled, watching her work. There's something insanely satisfying about watching her draw on my skin, leaving behind permanent ink.

"Hey," Kaminari spoke up, causing all our eyes to go to him (besides Ashido's of course, she was very professional about all of this). "Can we see your other tattoo? The stick and poke one?"

Kirishima's eyes lit up at the mention of my other tattoo. "Yeah! Can we? Please, dude?"

I looked back down at the artist at work, her movements fascinating me. "Yeah, just let her finish."

"Aaaand, done! What'd ya think?" She asked me, her excitement too much to sit still as she bounced in her seat.

I looked down at my wrist, a black semi colon now taking up the previously empty space. I wore a small smile as I looked back up at her. "It's great, Ashido. Thank you."

"What does it mean anyway? The little... mark, you got?" Kaminari asked.

Wow, he really wasn't kidding when he said he sucked at Lit classes. He doesn't even know what a semi colon is called, I thought to myself.

"It's a semi colon," I explained, looking back at my fresh tattoo as Ashido began to wrap it. "It's used when an author could end a sentence, but decides not to."