Chapter 23

The next few days passed by with relative ease. There was still an uneasy tension between Eijirou and me, but other than that life went on as normal. Before I knew it, Friday had rolled around and Ashido was in my room, picking out my clothes again. 

"I'm capable of dressing myself, ya know," I said from where I was lying on my bed, watching her rummage around. 

"For school? Yes. For the club? No." Clothes were tossed my way and I was thrilled to see that there wasn't a crop top involved. The muscle tank she'd picked out was also the fault of Uraraka though. She'd insisted that the plain black t-shirt it used to be would look way better cut up and tie-dyed with bleach. "Do you have any belts? Who am I kidding, you're emo, of course you do. Where are they?" she corrected her previous question. 

"Ouch," I paused. "Top drawer of the dresser," I said with a sigh of defeat. She was right. 

Seconds later a belt was tossed at the end of my bed. "Get dressed, stick some metal in your face, and let's go," she instructed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was getting deja vue while sitting at the bar with Himiko, yet again. When Dabi came around and asked what we wanted, I just requested a Sprite. There was no way I was drinking.

Himiko booed at me, taking a shot of vodka herself. "That means you're not gonna dance with me." Her face was still screwed up from the awful taste of the alcohol while she complained. 

I offered my soda to her as a chaser. She eagerly took a drink while I asked "Are you drinking here every weekend?" 

She shook her head while swallowing, handing my cup back. "You think I drink in this place without you around? Well, besides the first night, but that was different circumstances." 

I raised an eyebrow at her, a signal to explain more. 

"You know, I just ran away and wanted to not think for a night," she clarified for me. 

I nodded my head, fully understanding what she meant. It was the same reason I'd drank the last time I was here. It was nice to just shut off your thoughts for a little while. 

Himiko and I sat at the bar for what felt like forever, just talking. Every once in a while I'd look over to the stage to see my friends, but it was usually cut short by Eijirou catching my eye. Himiko was two shots deep and only a little tipsy, giggling more than usual. Her laughter was infectious because I was in the same boat as her, even sober. 

It wasn't until my group of friends were done with their set and the music was no longer familiar, that I realized my head was so heavy and everything was spinning. "Whoa dude," I mumbled, grabbing onto the side of the bar to steady myself. 

"He looks like he's had a bit too much," came an amused voice from behind me that I didn't recognize. 

"He's fine, don't worry," Himiko responded as I set my head down on the bar. Why am I sweating so much? I've been sitting down for hours. 

"You sure? He doesn't look so good. I can help you get him into a cab or something," the stranger offered. 

"We're good. Thanks though." She was trying to sound polite, but her voice had a sharp edge to it. 

I felt someone shake me slightly and I groaned at the sudden movement. 

"Izuchan? Are you okay? I thought all you had was Sprite. Izuku?" Himiko sounded worried now and I tried to wave it off. 

"I'm fine, just don't feel so good," I slurred. Did I start taking shots and forget about it or something? 

The stranger laughed, still standing behind me. I felt a hand touch my back. "C'mon bud, you should get home."