Chapter 5

I didn't even technically lie to my mom. I had told her that I was over at the neighbors discussing study groups for the year. That's totally what happened. 

Definitely, everything that happened that she had to be told about. 

I had never been happier that mom was gone before I left for school. I slung my bag over my back and walked over to Bakugou's bike, which he had been revving annoyingly since seven-forty hit. "You're late," he grumbled to me, throwing his helmet. 

"By two minutes," I exclaimed, shoving the helmet back. "It's your helmet, you should wear it." 

He actually chuckled at my remark. "Put it on. If I wreck with you on the back of my bike, I don't wanna survive to deal with that fallout." 

I was honestly stunned into silence and just resigned to putting the helmet on. "Can I vote to not wreck then?" I asked as he walked us out of the driveway. 

"Who said you get a vote?" He asked over his shoulder before taking off at a speed I knew couldn't be legal. 

As we pulled into the school parking lot, I knew I had made the right choice to accept the stupid bet. No matter how much shit I get myself into, it'll all be worth it for rides on that bike (hi it's me, just checking in to let you know that I am totally projecting about the deep-rooted need I have for my boyfriend to get a motorcycle).

I handed him the helmet as we stayed at his bike, I assumed we were waiting for the other ding-dongs to show up. I guess Kirishima was in charge of picking up everyone else for the day. I had the feeling that they rarely did anything without the whole group. "So," I started, catching his attention. "When Ashido distracted the teacher in detention yesterday, she mentioned that you guys needed to practice." I trailed off. 

"Yeah, so what?" 

I mentally face-palmed. "Practice what, dipshit?" 

His eyes went wide as he stared me down. "What the fuck did you just call me?" 

"Dipshit," I said again, noticing how absolutely unhinged his anger was becoming. "But that's beside the point. I asked what you guys were-"

"Hey guys!" Kirishima called, hopping out of his truck, Sero, Kaminari, and Ashido following after him, proving my earlier suspicions correct. 

Bakugou didn't even notice them, pushing himself off his bike and taking a step towards me. "Deku, you little fucking-" 

"Whoa," suddenly Kirishima was between us, grabbing Bakugou's hands. "What the hell did you do?" He asked me. 

"I called him a dipshit, it's whatever. What I really wanna know is-"

"Damn dude, you've got balls of steel," Sero said with a low whistle, watching Kirishima try to wrangle a now violent Bakugou. 

I crossed my arms, shifting to stand beside Kaminari. "He regularly calls me Deku, and I can't call him a dipshit once? Seems like Bakugou's a little sensitive." 

Kaminari awkwardly giggled, but his eyes flashed to mine with a panicked look. "Okay, dude, maybe we all calm down a little." 

I looked at every face in the group, landing on Bakugou. I squinted at him and thought. "Well if he's gonna act like a toddler over it, I might as well just call him Kacchan." 

It took the friend group all of two seconds to dissolve into laughter at Bakugou's expense, and the boy in question went from angry to annoyed and grumbling. 

"You're all fucking nuts," I mumbled as the bell rang, students started to flood into the school. 

Sero nudged me as he walked past, wiping a stray tear from his earlier laughter. "Hey man, you're the one with the death wish." 

"Nah, Kacchan's harmless. Look at him," I said, gesturing my hand toward the glaring blond. 

He rolled his eyes and walked past me. "Don't call me that, Deku." 

"Don't call me Deku then, Kacchan," I shot back, following the group. 

"Stupid fucking Deku," he grumbled. 

"Arrogant idiotic Kacchan," I grumbled right back, trying to imitate him the best I could. 

"You see why I want to keep him? Look at little dude go," Ashido said, shaking Kaminari's arm in excitement. 

I turned to her with a hard look. "One month, Ashido. That's all you get." 

She pouted angrily at me, but I shrugged it off. As soon as I get them into shit they're not ready for, they'll be begging to get me away from them. 

"See you guys at lunch!" Kaminari said, breaking off to his own locker. 

"See ya," I waved, heading to my first class, bringing my headphones up to my ears in preparation for it. To my surprise, Bakugou was walking with me. I elected to only put one earbud in for now. "What's your first hour?" 

"Government with Aizawa." 

I looked up at him, slightly confused. "That's my first hour, I haven't seen you in there though." 

"I usually skip my first hour," he explained casually. 

"Why aren't you today?" I asked, the door coming into view. 

He shrugged, "Maybe I just want the excuse to annoy the shit out of you." I sent him a look that said 'Really?'. He sighed. "Fine, Aizawa is the only teacher that will personally call my mom and make her kick my ass." 

I smirked. "Figured it was something like that." 

"Yeah, whatever, Deku." 

"Aw," I cooed. "Is Kacchan scared of getting yelled at by his mom?" 

He slammed his book down on the desk, catching the attention of every student in the room. "I'm not scared of getting yelled at, it's just annoying as fuck and I'd rather not deal with it. I can skip six other classes if I want to." 

Where the audacity came from, I have no idea, but suddenly I was giving his spiky blond hair a few condescending pats. "There, there, it'll be ok." 

I think he was finally starting to catch onto my personality because he didn't blow up. He just glared down at me, waiting for me to retreat on my own terms. Who said old dogs can't learn new tricks? 

"All right, vermin, take your seats." 

I shot Bakugou one last victorious smirk before sitting down and proceeding to tune out the entire class. 

Ok, I think this might be the last update for the night. I'm getting pretty tired and when I write tired it just turns out shit, so this seems like a good stopping point. I work tomorrow and am unsure if I possess enough spoons to work and write in the same day, but if not tomorrow then Friday.