Chapter 41

I spent the whole night doing pretty much nothing other than thinking of the worst case scenario. Either we all end up dead or I just got dumped. There weren't a lot of favorable options, especially not to my anxious mind.

I skipped school the next day. I couldn't be around other people, it was just too much. Besides, I had a feeling I'd be getting a taunting text message and I just couldn't deal with that in the middle of school.

I was right, obviously. I got another text at eleven thirty, exactly when I would be heading to lunch if I was at school.

"So, you know my schedule, but not that I'm at home today. You have the weirdest expanse of knowledge," I muttered with a sigh as I dug my phone out.

Unknown-

Maybe you aren't a horrible person

Well other than the lying

And the sneaking around

And using another guy for comfort

You know, you're kind of a whore

You know that one silly expression, about a straw breaking a camel's back. Well that was the straw, and I was fucking over it. I hit the call button and brought the phone to my ear. He answered after a single ring.

"Hello, little snitch," his gravel filled voice filled the line, causing a shiver to run down my back.

I took a single, quick breath. "If you're going to kill me, just get it over with. I'm done with this stupid fucking game," I spat into the receiver, hoping that he could feel the venom in my voice.

He laughed harshly as I held my breath. I knew this was a dumb move, but I couldn't do it anymore. He could kill me for all I cared, I just couldn't keep playing this game. I couldn't keep hurting people I cared about for his amusement. I'd rather just be dead at that point.

"You don't get to call the shots here. This is my game." He seemed more deranged than the last time I'd actually spoken to him. I guess prison will do that to a person.

I couldn't help the instinctual reaction that came from being put in my place. I hummed as I pretended to think about his words. "I guess I'll just have to kill myself and forfeit your game then. You'll win by default and everyone will be happy."

I'm not sure what I was expecting for a response, but it was not the screech that followed my declaration. "Try it and everyone you've ever known will meet you in the after life," he threatened, his voice low and quick. Did he think I already had a gun to my head or something?

"Dude," I said in utter disbelief. "I'll be dead, I don't give a fuck." It was a bluff, but the version of me that Shigaraki had once known would have meant it. I hoped it was enough to fool him.

"Oh?" His voice gave away the fact that he hadn't bought it at all. There was a superior air as he spoke. All my hope was drained away. "So you won't mind if I use Todoroki and Shinsou as target practice? And that little brunette that used to follow you around. Tie them up and see how many bullet holes they can survive?"

My voice died in my throat at the thought.

Shigaraki didn't seem to mind my lack of speech as he continued on with his depravity. "How about those new losers you hang out with now? Especially those two, hm, what were their names again? Oh yeah, Eijirou Kirishima and Katsuki Bakugou. I could strap some C4 to them and see how many little pieces they explode into, that'd be fun-"

"Shut up," I seethed, my fist clenched so hard I feared for the life of my phone. "Shut the fuck up, or so help me god-"

"Ah," Shigaraki said, his voice all gloating. "So, I guess you won't be forfeiting my little game then?"