Chapter 9

"Wow, did Bakugou just leave his own house to get away from you?" Sero asked as the sound of the blond's bike roaring to life was heard through the house. 

I climbed to my feet, looking out the window with just enough time to see Bakugou speeding off. "He didn't bother with a helmet," I mumbled, but it must have been loud enough for the rest of the group to hear. 

"And his phone is still plugged in on his nightstand," Kirishima said with a sigh, patting his own pockets. "What the hell did I do with my keys?" he asked no one in particular. A jingle was heard as Ashido handed them over. "Thanks Mina." She just nodded. 

"Where are you going?" I asked him as he made his way down the steps. 

Kirishima walked past the front door, clearly heading for the garage door in the kitchen. "To find him." The response was so nonchalant, like this exact situation happened often. 

I followed him into the kitchen. "Do you know where he went?" 

His hand rested on the door nob as he looked over his shoulder at me. "I have a few ideas, it's not hard to narrow it down with him." 

"Can I come with?" I asked without even thinking. I regretted the words as soon as they left my mouth, but there was no taking them back. 

Kirishima dropped his hand, leaning one shoulder against the door and fully turning to face me. "Won't your mom be mad if you're not home?" 

I was having a hard time finding something to look at while he stared at me so intently. "Oh, um, she works a double today. Won't be home 'til eleven or something," I mumbled, deciding that my hands were incredibly interesting. 

I heard the redhead sigh, he actually sounded tired. I didn't know he ran out of positive energy. "You can come with, but you might want to wait in the truck. Bakugou gets... touchy sometimes." 

I snapped my head up in shock. I didn't think he'd actually agree. "Yeah, of course. Plus, I think I'm the one that pissed him off, and if I have to deal with him for a whole month, I should probably apologize... or something." 

Kirishima cracked a smile at that, making me instantly relax. Any other expression on him just didn't look right. "I can't believe you guys don't get along, you're basically the same person." 

He open the door and stepped into the garage, me on his heels. "Do not compare me to that raging, uncreative, baboon." I snipped, climbing into the passenger side of his truck. I was more than embarrassed by how hard it was to get into, the thing was lifted and I was short. Not a great combo. 

He flashed me a teasing smile as he turned the key. "As apposed to the raging, creative, baboon?" 

"Don't call me a baboon!" I gasped, lightly smacking his shoulder. 

He chuckled, backing out of the garage. "Alright, alright, I won't call you a baboon anymore." 

I crossed my arms over my chest and sat back in my seat. "Good." 

"Besides," he said, his eyes on the road as he weaved through town. For such a big truck, it slipped in and out of traffic quickly. I thought we were going to die a few times. "A baboon isn't nearly cute enough to be you." 

I felt the blush start at the tips of my ears and slowly spread to the rest of my face. I wasn't even sure how to respond, so I didn't. I just turned my flaming face to look out my window at the passing scenery. 

It didn't take long for Kirishima's truck to roll to a stop, right next to Bakugou's bike. Guess we had found him. 

Kirishima looked out the rear windshield at a figure sitting on a hill side, their back to us. I assumed that was the missing blond. "Just uh, stay here. Please," he added, finally looking back over at me.