Chapter 11

I'm gonna be completely honest. This chapter will probably have a lot of mistakes, I'll edit it later, because I'm currently too high too remember how to type properly. Do with that warning what you wish. 

I threw my curtains as dread filled me. I guess they had heard it all then. Fantastic. Maybe boarding school isn't such a bad option. 

"Did you not pay attention to any of that conversation?!" I yelled at Bakugou, temporarily forgetting I wasn't supposed to be seeing either boy. I lowered it to a more reasonable volume. "I didn't blow it up on purpose. We didn't even know it was a bomb!" 

Kirishima swooped in like a guardian angel to rescue the blond. "Then what really happened?" 

I could only stare as I contemplated the question. I'd been asked that question countless times, usually in a mocking tone. Even when it was asked sincerely, it had never felt this... safe. I felt as if I could tell them a witch took over my body and planted the bomb and he would agree. He trusted me whole heartedly to tell truth and clear my name, meaning he already didn't believe I did it on purpose. 

What a sweetheart. 

So, I kneeled down at my window, propped my head up on my folded arms, and told them the truth. 

"I had a close group of friends back home. Uraraka, who you've both met." I laughed at the realization on their faces. "Todoroki, who gave me the stick and poke, and then Shinsou." I didn't say much about him, the fact he took our break up so hard was stirring some guilt and discomfort in me. "Oh, and Iida was technically in the group, but he habit of staying far away from our rule breaking. We did a lot of crazy shit for a long time, getting into a whole bunch of trouble. For a while it wasn't too bad, just some sneaking around, trespassing, spray painting, stuff like that. A regular routine for a rebellious teenager. But last year we got a little out of control." I sighed, remembering the shift. "There was a lot of parties, a lot of drinking, some... controlled substances, maybe, and we kinda..." I trailed off, trying to figure out the best way to put it. 

"Just spit it out, Deku," Bakugou coached. It wasn't an order or threat like normal, just a nudge to continue because they wouldn't judge. 

I took a deep breath. "We started hanging around this guy, this really fucked up guy. We obviously didn't realize that at the time, he was just a local dealer and hooked us up a few times. We thought we were friends with the guy." I rubbed my face, then dragged them through my hair as I blinked. "We started helping him out. Every once in a while, he'd call up one of us and ask for a favor. It was usually just doing a run for him when he was too busy to make it himself. Then one day he called me, Shinsou, and Todoroki, asking us to do a drop. We'd done one or two before, nothing to crazy, we'd just drop off a package somewhere and leave. We all just figured it was drugs. He told us to leave it in the middle of the school gym during lunch. The gym's locked during lunch, so Todoroki had to pick the lock to get in. But we dropped where he told us and just left. We just thought it was a drug deal. Until the bell rang for the next classes to start was immediately followed by an explosion that shook the whole school."

I rubbed my face against my arms, breathing deeply to try and ground myself. I really hated talking about it. "It didn't take long for the cops to figure out we were the ones who left the bomb. We were taken in, questioned, threatened with thirty years to life. You know, the usual." 

"Holy shit," I heard Kirishima say under his breath. 

I chuckled quietly. "We took a deal, we'd get off completely free if we turned him in. Yeah, it didn't take long for us to throw Shigaraki under the bus. It's been proven by a court of law that I didn't knowingly plant the bomb, but my mom is still convinced that I was somehow responsible."