Chapter 34

Mattheo's pov

It had been a week since y/n's death, nothing felt the same anymore, i think if it wasn't for the twins i probably would have joined her, i felt dead inside, the love of my life was gone.

Her father and mother were heartbroken, i mean obviously they were, their daughter is dead, the heartbreaking screams of bellatrix's still ring in my head from when they found us, clinging to her daughter that lay lifeless in our arms, her father hasn't said much, he's completely shut himself away in his and my father's office, my father never took it to well either, he killed a few deatheaters in anger when he found out, he's been helping with the twins though because tom hasn't really been present, he can't bear to look at christian sometimes without seeing her in his eyes and I don't blame him, i see it too and my heart shatters more every time i do, but i know she would want us to be there for them, tom just needs time, He's completely broken and I think he blames himself for not protecting her.

Our friends were all taking it really hard, especially pansy and draco, the two of them have been crying for days, astoria can't get draco to come out his room, amelia can't get pansy to move out of bed either, when regulus found out he took off, none of us have heard from him, I'm not sure where he went but right now I don't have it in me to ask or care.

Regulus's pov

Mattheo and tom came back, telling us that y/n was dead, the two of them covered in dirt and blood, the whole group broke down, everyone did, I didn't though, I promised her I would do it and i had to, so i took off not telling anyone where i went.

Flashback to a few days before the battle

I was sitting in my room at the manor the malfoys made up for me, when I heard a knock at the door, i opened it to see y/n standing there, my eyes widened in slightly surprise, she hadn't spoken to any of us since the twins were taken.

"Can i come in" she said quietly, twiddling with her thumbs.

"Uh yeah sure" i said stepping aside and letting her walk in the door, i closed it behind us, she suddenly pulled out her wand casting a silencing spell.

"I can't have anyone overhearing what i need to talk to you about, but i need your help Reggie"she sighed walking towards me.

"With what" i asked confused.

"If i die at this battle reggie i need you to bring me back, Ive made a horcrux" she said pulling it from her pocket and handing it to me, it was her silver necklace with a little L on it.

"Wait what, y/n why would you do that, this is some heavy dark magic, sometimes it doesn't even work you know that, why have you ripped your soul apart for a risk" i said with wide eyes.

"I know, which is why i don't want you to tell anyone reggie, ill die before i let anything happen to my family, and if i do, I don't want them knowing about this, like you said, the spell is tricky and sometimes it doesn't work, I don't want to give them false hope if i do die, i need you to keep this to yourself reggie, just promise me if i do die you will try bring me back" she said with pleading eyes.

"I promise" i said with a sigh.

"And when you do, if you do, I don't want you to tell anyone after that either, ill be using the fact everyone thinks im dead to kill of the rest of the order, and having the element of surprise will make that easier" she said as she walked towards the door to leave.