Chapter 38

Y/n's pov

Its been two years since toms death, my heart still hurts more every day and i miss him so much.
People say grief gets smaller over time, but i think life just grows around it, i still find myself breaking down at the most random moments over loosing him, I could be reading a book, a small sentence could remind me of him and i'd break down all over again, reliving the moment i found Mattheo holding him in the foyer. Mattheo found it extremely hard for the first few months but he was my rock during it all, he misses him so much, we all do.

Eight months after toms death I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, she had a full head of brown curls and she has toms eyes and nose, we named her layla bella riddle, the labour was extremely hard but not in the way you would think, she came quite easily and without fuss, but emotionally it was heartbreaking, knowing he wasn't here for the birth of his baby girl, i cried so much and so did mattheo, my mother by my side also helping us through it. My mother was also my biggest rock through all this, she knew how it felt to loose the father of your child before they were born, she supported me so much as did everyone else, but my mother knew just what i needed most of the time. I just needed to cry and let it out she told me, and i did.

Astoria and draco had their baby boy a good few months before i gave birth to layla, scorpius was his dads living image, he had shiny platinum blonde hair, i guess Draco wasn't lying and they don't bleach it after all. They got married shortly after the birth, their wedding was beautiful and lots of people attended, it was a bittersweet night, draco made a speech and included tom in it too, saying how much we all missed him and raised his glass to tom, we all did.

Pansy and amelia's wedding was shortly after i gave birth to layla, it was probably one of the most fun nights me and mattheo had in a long time, my mother, father and my father in law, took the kids for the night, knowing we needed a well deserved break and to let loose, and we definitely did.

Enzo and daphne got engaged too, they we're planning to have a summer wedding but daphne ended up pregnant, enzo was over the moon, we all were, they've decided to have the wedding after the baby is born, she's due in a month so once the baby is here they are going to set a date.
They're having a little boy, and they are naming him tom, i cried when they told me that, not sad tears but happy tears, so grateful that they were calling their first child after him, honouring his memory.

Aria and theo are also engaged now, i put old rivalry's aside and became friends with her, the two of them deeply love each other and i love theo as a friend, he's my family and i want him to be happy. They still haven't set a date for the wedding yet but they plan to soon.

As for the rest of the boys they haven't found that special someone yet, regulus blaise and kai are all enjoying life to much being man whores.

I had grew a stronger relationship with my father over the past few years, he had been there for me as best he could after toms death, i think seeing me go through it was like watching my mother go through it when he died, i could tell he felt part to blame for toms death, so did their own father, he shut himself away after tom died, he could barely face anyone in grief for his son, he may not have shown it much but he does truly love his sons, i think if it wasn't for my father he would of probably shut himself away forever, but he helped pull him back into reality, helped him grieve. To the outside he was just taking time to mourn, but on the inside none of us knew if he would even continue to lead us into the new age he had imagined, but he did, for tom.

Me and mattheo got our own manor, we bought land not far from the malfoy manor and had a smaller manor built on it, we named it riddle manor of course. Mattheo is an amazing father and husband and he loves the kids so much. After toms death he never went on another task again, our fathers agreed with it, knowing it would be too much if i lost him, we never took much to do with the deatheater side of things anymore, i couldn't after tom and neither could mattheo, we just wanted to live in peace with the kids until it was time for him to take over from our fathers, and they accepted that.