The Doppelgängers

Back in the jungle, Kai led the way to the mountain as he swung his sword in the air and cut through vines in front of us. Suddenly that feeling struck me again. I stopped where I was and then started to examine the area around us. Above Kai, who was still cutting vines, was a big gray monkey which held an open banana in its hand. The monkey was sitting firmly on a branch. That branch seemed to be beginning to snap and after Kai was just a few steps from underneath the branch, the monkey fell. I suddenly made a disc in my hand and threw it like a frisbee to where the monkey was falling. Suddenly that same monkey fell through the portal and appeared on a more steady branch a few meters higher than the last one. "Kai!" Stop!" I yelled as he was almost 100 feet away from us. Kai then spun around and ran back to us. "What?" Kai asked as he stopped in front of Aaron, Lloyd and I. "A monkey almost fell on you!" Aaron said in a surprisingly happy voice. "But I saved both you and the monkey," I said in a very bragging tone. "Thanks, but are we going to the mountain or not?" Kai asked as he pointed to the open path behind him which led all the way to one of the entrances of the mountain. We all then started to walk down that path until we arrived at the mountain's entrance.

Meanwhile back in Ninjago City, Garmadon was standing above the building we found him on. He was looking down menacingly at the crowd below him and was talking to one of his followers, a young teenage boy named Hans. "Hans, how much longer until our plan is ready?" Garmadon asked. "Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be today nor tomorrow, if all goes well it seems like maybe two weeks from now," Hans said slowly and in a voice that indicated he was scared. "Two weeks... two weeks... two weeks..." Garmadon repeated in a quiet and irritated voice. "Okay, why two weeks though?" Garmadon asked curiously. "Because the pink one is now in one of the jungles outside of the city." Hans said. "Why must that pink guy always get in the way of my plans," Garmadon said aggressively. "What do you mean?" Hans asked. "Because ever since the first great devourer trick he's been on my case, he's done everything in his power to try and stop me. Now he actually has the chance too," Garmadon said angrily. "So your worst enemy isn't your brother or your son, but some pink ninja you don't even know?" Hans asked with a little chuckle. "No, my brother is my biggest and worst enemy, but with that magical kid on his side... it'll be impossible," Garmadon said in a very, very angry voice. "Well, as soon as he returns our plan can be put in order!" Hans said menacingly. "Wait... what makes you think he'll be back in two weeks?" Garmadon asked with two of his four arms behind his back. "Because of the task he and his friends are going on," Hans said. "What task did Wu assign them too?" Garmadon asked with a smile. "To find your father's blade of power..." Hans said. "How exactly do you know this?" Garmadon asked. "I have the ability to read minds..." Hans said. Garmadon then put on a menacing smile and turned to look at the crowd below him once more.

Back at the monastery, Wu, Zane, Jay and Cole were still talking, but this time they were also helping create Pixel's new exoskeleton. They were slapping plates of thick metal onto the torso piece and drilling them on with a hand drill. "This is boring! Can we do something else?" Jay asked impatiently. "Jay, she's our friend!" Cole said irritably. "Yeah, and she's a robot. I'm sure Sensei and Zane could let us have a few minutes to ourselves and go beat the crap out of Garmadon right?" Jay said hopefully. "Garmadon?" Wu asked in a shocked tone of voice. "Garmadon," Jay repeated with a nod. "You can try, but you may get defeated," Wu said. "Anything to get me out of this," Jay said seriously. He grabbed Cole's arm and walked out of the secret base. They then found themselves in the monastery. "Jay stop!" Cole said, yanking his arm back. "We aren't really going to fight Garmadon, we're just gonna... punch him?" Jay said unable to think of anything else to say.

Suddenly they heard two loud crashes from the courtyard. They quickly exited the monastery and scanned the area to see what had happened. They were really surprised to see what they saw... they saw themselves. Almost spitting images of themselves. Two people who looked almost exactly the same as them except from a few minor details. Like their hair and their outfits. Cole and Jay hesitantly walked over to their doppelgängers to ask them who they were and what they were doing there. "HEY!" Jay yelled aggressively. "Hi..." Jay's doppelgänger said with a slow and awkward wave. "Who are you? What are you?" Cole asked both his and Jay's doppelgängers. "Well, we are you guys I think, which means... you're us?" Cole's doppelgänger said. "I guess... but this is all really hard to understand," Jay said in an overwhelmed tone of voice. "It's okay, other than me, you will be fine," Jay's doppelgänger said in a reassuring voice. Then they saw Jay's doppelgänger's hand turn into stone and drop to the ground. Jay went down with his hand. "What happened?" Normal Jay said worriedly. "Don't worry... I'm just unfamiliar with my new element." Jay's doppelgänger said. "New element?" Cole asked curiously. "We all switched elements," Jay's doppelgänger said calmly. "Does that just happen?" Jay asked sarcastically. "Sometimes," Cole's doppelgänger said. Both Jay and Cole looked surprised after hearing this. "This isn't normal?" Cole's doppelgänger asked. Jay and Cole shook their heads to say no. Cole and Jay's doppelgängers then looked at each other and then back at Jay and Cole. Cole and Jay then shrugged their shoulders and started to talk more with their doppelgängers...