The Surprise

Back in the secret base Zane and Wu were still working on Pixel's new exoskeleton. They had finished the arms, hands and legs and were working on her torso. "Sensei, do you think that the others are okay?" Zane asked worriedly. "It's not been long since we last heard from them, I'm sure they are fine," Wu said. Suddenly Cole and Jay fell through the ground and into the secret base under the monastery. "Cole? Jay? What is the matter?" Wu asked after he heard them fall beside him. "Doppelgängers!" Jay yelled as his doppelgänger jumped down into the secret base after him. Wu quickly grabbed his staff and knocked Jay's doppelgänger unconscious. "Thanks Wu!" Jay said happily. But just as it seemed like they were safe Cole's doppelgänger blasted Jay with electricity. He fell onto the floor and then through the rock beneath him. "JAY!" Cole yelled as Jay was pushed through strong and painful rock. Cole tried to help Jay but was unable too. Just then he got to his feet and turned to his doppelgänger with a menacing stare. Wu and Zane quickly grabbed the parts of Pixel's new exoskeleton and ran out of the secret base as the two Cole's began to fight.

Cole's doppelgänger made his fists into electricity and began punching Cole repeatedly. Cole managed to dodge most of these attacks with his elemental power of earth but eventually he was knocked down to the hole where Jay had been pushed down. Cole's doppelgänger quickly sealed the hole with a plank of wood and woke Jay's doppelgänger up. The two then left the secret base and ran after Wu and Zane.

As soon as Kai, Lloyd, Aaron and I left the room we heard something from above us. "Drop the skeletons into the lava," a familiar voice said from a few miles above them. "Wait, how are we hearing this?" I asked. "Echo," Kai whispered. Suddenly a few deceased skeletons fell from above us and landed in the lava pit. "This must be part of Garmadon's plan," Lloyd whispered. We all looked up to see if we could see where the skeletons were coming from and we saw Garmadon and some of his henchmen throwing them in. "Let's just get back to the monastery..." I said just as another skeleton was dropped into the lava pit. We all then left the mountain and headed back to the monastery.

Meanwhile at the monastery, Wu and Zane were trying to escape from Cole and Jay's doppelgängers while still holding the limbs of Pixel's new exoskeleton. "Should we fight them?" Zane asked as they left the monastery. "No, this isn't our fight, we must wait for Cole and Jay to unleash their newest potential." Wu said "What does that mean?" Zane asked. But Wu didn't respond and they ran down the mountain which the monastery sat upon. Cole and Jay's doppelgängers continued to chase them until they got to the bottom of the mountain. Just as Zane and Wu took the last step off of the mountain Cole and Jay's doppelgängers stopped moving and stood at the last step. "What? Afraid?" Zane said, hoping to provoke them. "We can't step out of the mountain or we will vanish, into thin air," Cole's doppelgänger said just as his eyes faded to purple. "It's one of Garmadon's tricks..." Wu said in realisation, but it came too late as Zane's very own doppelgänger fell from a portal several miles above them. Zane landed just behind him and was able to leave the mountain. "Come with me!" Zane's doppelgänger said as he grabbed both Wu's and Zane's wrists and began to run. As they ran Zane dropped Pixel's limbs and they all smashed into several pieces. "NO!" Pixel said in Zane's head. But Zane didn't stop to grab the pieces, he just continued running with his doppelgänger.

Back in the jungle, Kai, Lloyd, Aaron and I traversed through the cut vines and went down the same path of which we used to get to the mountain. Just as we got to the part where we had stopped previously, Lloyd and Kai fell from above us. "Wait... are they you guys?" Aaron asked, coming to an abrupt halt. "It looks like it..." Kai said, stopping to examine the two. But just as Kai stepped close to them, Kai's doppelgänger grabbed his arm and threw him into a tree off into the distance. Lloyd's doppelgänger then ran to Lloyd and jumped on top of him. Aaron and I wanted to help but Lloyd told us to run. We ran past Kai and Lloyd's doppelgängers and grabbed the scroll from Lloyd before we ran out of the jungle as quickly as possible.

As soon as we left the jungle, Garmadon appeared from in front of us. "Well, hello... Pinky," Garmadon said menacingly. "Get out of the way!" I yelled angrily. "No..." Garmadon said with an evil smile. "You see, I can't let you take that scroll to Wu, and I can't let you get the sword that once belonged to my father..." Garmadon said. "Well, we're gonna," I said just as I grabbed Aaron's shoulder and we fell into a portal under our feet. We then appeared just behind Garmadon and ran quickly into the city. "Bye!" I yelled as we got a few feet away from him. Garmadon turned around and watched us as we ran away...