Book Two-9

When Shoto met up with Yuko in the hotel room, it was quiet at first between the two of them. Shoto was getting anxious and Yuko didn't know how to start things off with him. That was until she had it with the silence and sighed out. "Shoto, tell me the honest truth. Why the hell did you lie to Keigo when you knew damn well that I could hear you?"

"Honestly I didn't know that you could, and I didn't know what would happen if I lied. I...I was afraid of what would happen if I came out honestly about how I felt about you. I was afraid that you'd never feel the same about me." He said sadly

Yuko sighed out as she shut her eyes, she then opened them as she stared at him. "I will say that before knowing that your brother was still an option that I had tried and almost succeeded in falling in love with you. I know that things aren't going to be always rainbows and sunshine, but that doesn't mean that you should have lied about how you felt about me. Keigo cares a lot about me like an elder brother since my siblings are shit...he just wants the best for me and I think with what he did...he triggered something in you that's made you gone yandere towards me."

"I...I can see how that's possible, I don't like seeing you with my elder brother. I don't like knowing that I was only second best to him when I was the first one with you. I was the one who got you first. Yuko I love you, I love you so much it makes being alone unbearable." He said sadly "Being around you makes me feel like I'm wanted and validated for who I am...when I'm not...I feel as if I'm nothing more than an object, a tool that is to be used."

"Shoto..." She said sadly

"But I know that I've already fucked up with you, I know that you'll never be around me as long as my brother has you around his fingers. I never meant to do anything wrong with you I just...I just miss you..a lot."

"I...I never knew you cared so much...I need to be just as honest as you've been Shoto. It's only fair that you know just how I've felt this entire time."

He nodded his head as he looked at her sadly. "Okay, go on."

"I've felt afraid of getting close to you, to getting attached to you. I feel if I got any closer to you that things would crumble down around us. That there'd be people who'd want nothing more than to split the two of us apart from one another. It's why I've always questioned you...questioned whether the relationship we had was one worth keeping." She said sadly "I...I don't want to be left behind, I don't want to be used as a scape goat for something else or be back stabbed when and if I get close to someone."

"Because of the first guy that was with you?" Shoto asked

She nodded her head sadly. "I...I still can't trust males, I don't trust you or your brother. Yes I care for both of you. Yes at one point love was something I could feel full heartedly about both of you but...the fear...the feeling of not being good enough. It'll always be there Shoto...and I don't know what to do about it. Nothing I've tried doing has ever worked. It's why I tried to set you up with Momo again, so I could go on with my life knowing that at least you'd be happy."

Shoto frowned hearing her speak. "Yuko...she never made me happy, it's why we broke up. Being around you, seeing your smiling face-seeing just what type of emotions I can bring out of you. That makes me happy, you make me happy Yuko." He said sincerely

She hugged herself as she shut her eyes looking down. "How can you say that I make you happy when you lied about liking me? The system that had been around was rather stern about stuff like that. I felt betrayed by your words...I felt betrayed by how you placed yourself out towards those who could make or break what we had."