sixteen

Ariella

I'm blinking my eyes open slightly, my head is thumping its so sore. I hardly remember anything all I remember is something crashing into me then everything went black, and now I've ended up here. I hear voices in the background, peoples shoes hitting the ground and the beeping of the machine that i'm attached to.

"Ariella oh my goodness" I hear a faint voice that I recognise "honey can you hear me" "has she forgotten me!".

"Miss. Please stay calm. Shes just woken up she maybe hasn't got it around her mind" another voice says.

"Right. Right okay" I hear the same voice.

I open my eyes fully and placing a hand to my sore thumping head. I see my mom sitting in the corner in the room staring at me and the other side doctors staring at me.

"Miss Ariella Turcotte can you hear me" A doctor says.

"Uh huh" I nod.

"Oh baby" my mom rushes to me.

"What the fu- what happened" I question looking at my surroundings.

"Oh my go-".

The doctor cuts my mom off "Ariella you where in a very bad car crash and you ended up in a coma" I sigh "after we have done some tests can I please ask you some questions?" I nod.

The doctor is kind of fin-

Ariella no.

"Thank you" he smiles "I will be back in a second" he leaves the room.

"Honey oh my god" my mom rushes back to me.

"How long have I been like u.. uh this?" I question.

"Couple of weeks now" she says.

"This room is cool" I say.

"Trevor got it for you" she smiles "oh wait sorry".

"Its fine" I tell her "I'll have to tell him thanks".

The door opens and the doctor walks back in.

He does some tests with my blood and stuff then starts to ask questions.

"Can you tell me what you where doing on the 20 of march?" The doctor asks.

My mind floods back with memories.

"I was in California with my boy-" I cough "uh friend".

"Right okay" he jots down what I've said "do you remember what happened before the crash?".

I nod "I was at work and they um I'm not sure".

"Okay that's okay" he smiles "don't stress" "do you know who that is?" He points at my mom.

"My mom".

"Correct. Your doing good" he nods "do you have any siblings?"

"One brother" I say.

"Do you know his name?" He asks.