Chapter Two - Encounter

"Seriously? Michael asked you out?" Bridget sounded amused at herself.

"Why, something the matter?" I furrowed as I scanned my notes while munching on my chips and banana, yeah you could say I eat a lot. Yet I don't gain any weight. Lucky for me I have curves that make guys swoon.

"He's just my longtime crush." I almost choked at my food and looked straight to Bridget.

"What?? You never told me that I could've set you up."

"Are you kidding me, he asked you out obviously he likes you better than me."

"Nah, I guess he's just in for the notes, exams for points basically." I tried to make her feel better.

"Yeah, no kidding, but a kiss on your lips is a bonus as well, then it will lead to..." I threw my pencil at her shoulders .

"Eww.. You're disgusting, I don't like him!"

"Okay, so if you like the guy you will...uh?" She tried to moan without any sound.

"Stop Bridget!" I stood up to buy a drink.

When I came back at the table she's looking at me funny. I wonder what she's thinking this time.

"You mean to say you're a virgin? Is that why Julius broke up with you?" It pained to hear her say that. I told her about what happened between me and Julius and she has to remind me. Julius has been my boyfriend for a year my first kiss but I didn't surrender everything to him. That's why he left me, he knew that he cannot gain anything from me.

I still remember it completely like it was yesterday. We we're at his place supposed to be studying for the finals when he leaned on me to kiss me, I kissed him back. Only to find out that he pinned me on the bed, urgently removing his belt and unzipping his pants. I can feel the bulge below him as he kissed me roughly. I suddenly realized he's planning to rape me, I used all my force to push him but it didn't work since he has strong muscles and six pack abs. When I felt helpless I was able to nudge him on his manhood and he cried in pain as he stumble off the bed grabbing "it".

"You bitch!" Were the words that left his mouth and it broke my heart, he was a stranger to me all of a sudden. I cannot believe what he was just did to me and what he just called me. I totally lost it that I stormed out of his house crying. It was just the two of us in his house at the time so nobody saw me crying as I left, that's why he took the chance to do it, hoping I would like it. But I was not ready, I love him but it was too soon for me. He called me a few minutes just after storming out of their house, I didn't bother answering as it went to voicemail. I cried again when I heard his message.
You think you're that pretty? Heck, I am just with you so I can have tutorials on all my subjects for free. You can stay a virgin if you want, nobody will want you for being a nun!

That was the end of our relationship. We didn't bother talking to each other at school after that. It was very clear to me what he's after, because he never tried to win me back or even apologize for what he did. Gladly, I was able to escape him.

I told my aunt about what happened as I was too shy to even mention it to my uncle. I'm glad I'm done with him, I just completely wasted my time being with him for a year.
Snapping back to reality, I faced Bridget and made her feel guilty.

"So much for you being my best friend. And you had to remind me about it, or you're playing with me?" I tried to sound unaffected.

"Sorry." She replied. "Speaking of the devil." She whispered at me as Julius and Dianne his new girlfriend one of the popular/brainless girls paraded at the cafeteria and took the empty table behind me. Luckily for me my back is facing them or else I will lose my appetite. Only a week that we broke up he got himself a new girlfriend. For me, they make a really good couple. They are walking megalomaniacs I should say.

"So am I dropping you off at your place? When are they gonna give you a car, honestly?" Bridget changed the subject as she motioned for me to stand up and walk with her heading to the second floor for third period.

"I have no idea you got tired dropping me off everyday, I mean you practically offered since you live two blocks away from me." I disappointingly remarked.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it that way."
It's not me who's asking it's the carpool lady.

"Gosh, Bridget you talk about your mom like she's your maid."

"She's not technically my mom."

"I know. I know." I replied. She has a stepmother. Her dad remarried after her mom died from breast cancer four years ago. They don't get along well, her stepmother can be bitchy at times but she has to follow her husband's rules when it comes to Bridget. But sometimes she even takes us to the mall to go shopping, you can say she has mood swings.

"Just forget I asked."
She tapped my shoulders as I remembered Aunt Emma is picking me up today. I immediately mentioned it to her and headed for the next class.

As soon as I reached fourth period I bumped into Bridget in a hurry just to be greeted by a bunch of students, well, yeah our classmates just goofing around, texting, some are kissing, and we both stared up front. In unison we said "no teacher?"

We took our usual seat third row on the back and waited patiently maybe Ms. Swan is late. Half an hour passed, still nothing. I just slept in and told Bridget to wake me up as soon as the teacher comes in. Luckily I slept the whole hour and Bridget just woke me
up in time for the bell.

After an absent teacher we headed for math class, tight after I gathered my books from my locker and bid goodbye to Bridget and went straight to the gym parking lot.

My phone beeped and I looked at it. In the parking lot now. It says. It was Aunt Emma. I better hurry. As I turned on the corner left side in a rush to meet my aunt, my books fell and I immediately picked them up. Not knowing I left one behind. Suddenly someone cleared his throat. "Ahem..ahem."

"I believe this is yours?" A sexy voice spoke behind me as I turned to look back and saw a new face. He is wearing blue faded jeans and plain dark blue round neck shirt a black baseball cap and a gold necklace with a round pendant hanging safely on his neck just between the bones of his throat, somewhere I'm thinking I want to get closer and smell. Because hi scent is seducing me. With just a phone in hand, he looks like an outsider. He removed his cap and introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Marcus." I hadn't realized I was staring when he repeated his words. Blushing I took his hands, "I'm Stacy." He flashed me a unique smile. Something I haven't seen before, it was a mixture of dimples and grin plus a hidden expression saying, "I get that stare a lot." Damn. His chiseled jaw, those loose strands of hair dangling just between his eyes and eyebrow. Plus those thin and tiny beard which I don't know if he will let it grow continuously or not. Ugh! Stacy get a hold of yourself! Why are you suddenly thinking about his beard? My conscience says. What? I find it sexy. Really? Stace? Oh get a grip! I thought.

Snapping myself back from reality I grabbed my book from his hand I immediately turned around because I don't want to look ridiculous in front of this handsome young man.

"Nice meeting you!" He yelled back. I grinned but didn't bother looking back or I might not be able to control myself.