Chapter Ten - Confrontation

Stacy's POV

"Ok. Ok. I'll meet you at the bus stop." Early Friday morning and I was awoken by my best friend calling to confirm if I am taking the bus because she will be there waiting for me at the left corner of the street. She promised to do it next week, well I guess she's that excited.

I took my bathrobe got in the shower and was done in ten minutes. I didn't bother drying my hair I woke up half an hour late, for some reason I didn't even hear my alarm clock.

I grabbed my new Kate Spade olive green shoulder bag, it was a gift from Aunt Emma from last year's birthday which I never got to use, I don't know why it caught my eye from inside my drawer. Shoving everything in the new bag and vanishing quickly leaving a messed up room, I pulled the door tight behind me and wore my ankle heels black shoes.

Combing my wet hair as I came down the stairs, spraying on that Gucci perfume, that masked the whole house with its scent, I caught Aunt Emma's eyes staring at me from head to toe. Holding my lunch and handling it to me-she knows I don't have time for breakfast as I look at the two brown bags that says, LEFT- lunch, RIGHT- breakfast. God, I love her, what will I do without her?

"Feeling classy aren't we?" She teased me as I winked at her. "We'll talk later." She whispered in my ear. Damn. She knows something's up. Shaking her head she tapped my shoulders."Have a good day!" As she walked me thru the front door.

Luckily Uncle Victor already left, or else I wouldn't survive two attackers early in the morning. I almost tripped on my heels on the sidewalk as I tried to reach for my phone that keeps om vibrating, I don't know what came over me and wanted to wear this today.

"Hello?" I irritatingly answered.

"Stacy, you're five minutes late where are you?"

"Please don't start with me, I'm almost there..." I closed my phone and slipped it inside the bag pocket.

Turning on the left corner of the street, I can see Bridget waving back at me, it was a busy street, joggers on the sidewalk, moms bringing their kids to the nearest daycare. Teenagers cramming to get to the car some are in bikes, I have to watch out where I'm going as most accidents happen on this street mostly by hit and run.

"Hey sexy lady, what's up with the outfit?" I knew she would tease me as well.. "You're Aunt called me last night, thinking you were with me which you weren't so, care to elaborate mademoiselle?" raising one eyebrow and focusing on me, I guess I cannot get away with this one.

"Rhetorically speaking, Mr. Bingley dropped me off to my house." Placing her hands to cover her mouth in excitement. I continued, "na ah ah, before you think of anything else, I was late for the bus and no other bus came by, so I started walking since it's getting dark, and he saw me so he offered." exhaling I took out my lip gloss and dampen it on my lips.

"Could that be just a coincidence?" She mockingly added. "No, I don't think so." I replies as I grabbed her hand just in time for the bus stopping in front of us.

I avoided another confrontation with my bestie, by listening to my ipod on the way to school.

As soon as we reach school, we walk and run towards our locker and started shoving our stuff and preparing for english class.

"So I can tell you're still blushing, and it doesn't seem to fade away." She teased.

"It's the pink blush on, lol!"

"Nah! You're already busted and you won't admit it. You like him Stacy! Admit it!"

"Is that an accusation or a remark?"

"I guess you could call that being true to yourself, come on even from me you are trying to hide it?" Damn. This girl knew me too much!

Before I could even say anything someone grabbed my hand. I was surprised to see Michael. "So, you do like me? I'm so flattered sweetheart."

"We're gonna be late, let's go!" But Bridget continued walking without me, as he still holds my hand.

"Let me go, Michael." He pushed me towards my locker his nose touching the tip of my nose as he snaked his hands around my waist. Some students passing by chanted.."wooh!" I don't know why I feel this uncomfortable near him, I used to like him, I mean he's rich and good looking, so who doesn't? But when his cockiness overpowers his beauty I seem to lose my appetite.

I am so close to nudging him in his manhood when Mr. Bingley saw us and spoke at once. "Is there a problem here Ms. Walsh?" I looked at him like asking for help. Before I can even say anything Michael fumed and looked straight at him.

"I don't see it's any of your business, Mr. Bingley." Students came nearer, why are they expecting a boxing match between them? "When you are hurting one of my students, I make it my business, so I suggest you back off or I will escort you to the headmaster's office for answering back and for sexual harassment against your classmate." Wow ! That was beautifully explained and I felt so special.

He gave Mr. Bingley one annoyed look, then backed off focusing on me. "We're not done Stacy." He left through the exit door I bet he's cutting class because he's pissed.

Mr. Bingley looked at me and moved closer, "Are you ok?"
"Yes Sir, Thanks!" As I held back my wrist which seems to be reddening from Michael's touch.

"If I were you I wouldn't dress so sexy like that, no wonder Mr. Dixon cannot get a hold of himself." He winked at me as he turned his back.
"Get to class Ms. Walsh." Whistling he started walking down the corridor as I followed behind him..

I noticed he's going towards my room, wait ... Why?

Unbelievable...is he the new English Teacher?