Chapter Three - Curiosity

Marcus' POV

I wonder who's that girl I just saw? Her curves are very visible in her uniform as she bent to picked up her books. The way she moved, it was so sexy. I cannot help but take part and make myself known. It's a good thing she left one book behind or I won't be able to introduce myself without any excuse.

As I looked for the headmaster's office I put my phone on silent mode. I finally reached my destination on the right corner of the school near the small library. Knocking on the door gently. I heard someone spoke. "Come in." I turned the knob and saw my Godfather seating comfortably in his big leather chair.

"Well, how have you been young man?" He motioned for me to sit across him.

"Doing good thank you Godfather. My mom mentioned you asked me to come here, am I right?" Furrowing my brows as I waited for his reply.

"Just call me David or Mr. Winslow whichever you prefer. I have a proposal for you. Since your mom and dad mentioned that you're currently teaching young kids on weekends in soccer, basketball, baseball and even hockey, at the learning center as a volunteer and your hard work is very much appreciated there. I have decided to offer you a full time job here while you're waiting for any career that you plan to take since you just graduated college." He stopped and studied me for a bit. Gauging my reaction. When he saw my eyes glistened he continued.

"I am in need of fresh graduates like you, someone who has all the energy build up and motivation to teach young students. You see I am missing two teachers already."
"One resigned because she got married and needed to move away because of the husband's new job, that was Ms. Swan the english teacher. And the other one, Mr. Morel, the gym teacher, got into an accident in the highway, driving and texting, his car flipped, they had to remove his legs due to the incident, he was lucky to be alive in that situation. He's been a teacher here for nine years now. While Ms. Swan was here for six."

I sat back, placed my right hand on my chin and thought about all this new information being handed to me in the spot. My godfather is studying me, I'm sure of it he's hoping I'd say yes. Why not give it a try? My alter ego is nipping on me. Jumping up and down in my skin. Hell yeah! Say yes!

Not hearing anything from me for about five minutes pause. My godfather decided to speak again. "Ok, here's the catch, if you agreed to work on my school at an indefinite amount of time I can throw in free lodging on the condominium building behind the school, so you don't have to travel far everyday. You do know I own six of the buildings surrounding the vicinity? I believe you traveled for forty minutes without traffic just to get here, max an hour if there is. I wouldn't want you to be late for the class. What do you say?"

Sounds tempting. I thought. Give in! Give in! My alter ego is leaving me no choice that I found myself saying, " I'll give it a try...why not.?"

"Atta Boy!" He stood up this time to shake my hand, he's so happy that I took it.
"That's why you're my favourite Godson, you're always up for the challenge." He is still laughing in amusement.

"I just want to make it clear, if you like to start on your dream don't think twice to let me know. I know you're just doing me a favor and I appreciate it."

He handed me a list of yearly salary wage on which I found amazing for a starting teacher. I ogled it thoroughly on hands. Studying it.

"You don't need to ask why you have that salary rate for starters." He added. I smiled. Eventhough I can chose to stay home and relax while looking for a job, heck it's not like I urgently need money, my parents are rich and I only have one sister. We have wine business and we own three hotels in the city. But it's a good way to start fresh. Plus doing a favor to my Godfather feels good even I haven't started yet.