Chapter Twenty Five - Sleepover

Stacy's POV

I don't know why I kissed him without second thought, maybe I was desperate to get my phone back..but why did I feel something for him..it was so real..the kiss..

No..this is bad I am taken...and I love Marcus more than anyone...whatever spark that was it will dissipate as quickly as Marcus' love for me will empower it...

Seating on the side window of the bus and breathing the fresh air I allowed myself to surrender to the magical droplets of mother nature as Bridget reached over to close the window beside me.."hey, I was enjoying the fresh air." I irritatingly remarked.

"So what was that about? Penny for your thoughts? Care to enlighten me with what just happened between you and Michael back there?" Bridget nudged my elbow and stared at me wide eyed waiting for an answer.

"I just need my phone back, you know that." I reassured her.

"Yeah, right." she put her headphones back in she wasn't convinced I'm sure of that.

" You're not gonna mention this to Marcus right?" She sighed but didn't answer.

"Bri, please talk to me." I shook her shoulders lightly.

"Ok. Tell you what, since you don't have feelings for Michael invite him tonight at the sleepover." What??? Is she crazy?

"You're kidding right?" "That's suicide you're asking me Bri, you're supposed to be my best friend." I turned away from her totally pissed.

"Yes. You're right and trust me I am saving you from a big disaster, so now before Michael completely falls head over heels for you try to switch his attention to me." She's giving me a you can do it, nod...she is totally unpredictable.

"First of all, Marcus' will be furious, and obviously we cannot act as bf gf in front of Michael. This will totally ruin the night." She didn't say anything just staring outside the window, I am guessing that's her final decision. And I am the bait.

We reached my place and she took off to get her stuff for sleepover. Luckily, Marcus isn't here yet so I have time to call Michael.

Dialing his cell number was my worst nightmare. In three rings he answered.
"Hey, I knew you were gonna call me." Dumbass I thought.

I cleared my throat before he can say anything I immediately bounced back."Don't flatter yourself, I am only calling to invite you tonight for sleepover at my place, just a get together with some friends of mine."

He laughed. "Clearly, you still hold your feelings and bottling it all up, remember sharing is caring. I am just here waiting for your next move." I am starting to get annoyed in this conversation.

"So are you coming, yes or no? As simple as that." He burst out laughing worst than before. He's such an asshole. I don't know why I felt a spark by his kiss a while ago.
While listening to his laughter I saw Marcus car parked in the driveway. I started to panic.

"In five seconds if you don't answer and continued laughing you can kiss your ass goodbye." I sarcastically remarked.

"Easy peasy, lemon squeezy, jeez relax, woman! I'll be there in 20 minutes." Before he can shower my ears with his outrageous laugh, I hanged up. Just in time to answer the door.

I kissed Marcus on the lips and behind him was his friend Harry carrying a backpack and all smiles at me. Advancing he took my hand and kissed the top of it, while staring at me which made me really uncomfortable.

"So you are the girl from the diner." He winked at Marcus, it seems like they had a male understanding which I have totally no clue at all. Answering his question I nodded, and led him inside the house.