Chapter Thirty Four - A Mistake

Bridget's POV

I am excited to plan my best friend's birthday party. After all she's been through these past few days she definitely needs this surprise birthday. Aunt Emma and I have been very keen on preparing this, we are glad that Olivia was able to help us secretly with what we need. She's not that bad after all...I think yeah..she has a chance to be our friend. I even contacted Michael and he promised to behave himself..only one thing left undone..of course the apple of her eye..Mr. Bingley himself.

I always make up excuses not to meet with Stacy as I have a project to do..I always make sure Aunt Emma is with her so she won't bother me nor look for me. Right this moment they are busy doing grocery shopping and I am now heading to find her ex.

I scanned the whole school and ended up in his office I peaked on the slightly opened window blinds and it seems he isn't here as the room looks desolated. I went to the library and gymnasium, still no sign of him. He was absent today at gym class, I wonder what's wrong, and the sadness in my best friend's face is unbearable to look at, she was really in love with him, I guess even now..

My stomach crunched and I grabbed a snack at the canteen and as I am biting my sandwich I started walking, never giving up on the mission to find him...turning in the corner I was surprised to see him. He can't see me as his back is towards me, and who is that???

A gorgeous young lady dropped him off and it looks weird because they seemed too attached with each other. She snaked her hand on his nape as he removed it she stole a kiss on his lips. I gasped covering my mouth and my sandwich almost fell. I cannot believe what I just saw...

I tried to hide behind the bushes as the lady's car passed by, wow she is really gorgeous. I felt sad that he had moved on..that was too fast though.. I don't have another idea to surprise my best friend and make her happy. Realizing that I had failed, I started walking away and sat on the bus stop, I texted Aunt Emma, about it, that Stacy's ex had moved on, although she has no clue who he is...and she texted me back saying we will just do teenage games to clear her mind for just one day.

My bus hasn't been here and I am waiting for fifteen minutes now. I suddenly realize that I can give up the feelings I have for Michael since he has no interest in me and just act as a bridge between Stacy and him. Maybe by that time Stacy will feel real happiness and act like a real teenager since they are both students and same age.

All of a sudden the dark cloud became sunny as I am eager to start this new plan! I contacted Michael and he was so happy to hear my idea, he even said sorry for not liking me but he would be thrilled to court Stacy and he promised this time he will be polite.

Marcus' POV

Another day has passed and Stacy never texted me nor even bother calling. I guess that's really the end between us. Maybe I should keep myself busy with teaching so that I can finish this semester and be out of this school as soon as possible.

I don't know how I can escape my secret unexpected encounter with the lady and now she seems part of my life..My phone buzzed as I got off the elevator..a private number..I answered it and it was her...the lady.

"Marcus, hey, I realized I haven't given you my name, it's Sofia Kretrunja. Yes, I am Ukrainian.." I stopped on my tracks, no wonder she has that appetite to sex..

From what she told me she was the heiress of their business and she vowed to be faithful with me and give me all I ever wanted just to be with her for the rest of her life..I haven't known any girl who would ask a guy like she did to me but yeah, I guess she just proposed to me.

It's crazy! But what are the odds? This is not a forbidden relationship, unlike student teacher..if Stacy doesn't want me anymore then, I guess I should give this a shot. Clearly I am not after the money because trust me I have tons..and neither is she, nor was Stacy...just a chance...