Chapter Twenty Four - Mixed Emotions

Marcus' POV

I left Stacy for a bit, as I badly needed to change clothes, yeah I've been having a bath at her place but not good enough to be wearing the same thing, especially when we share an intimate moment together.

Grabbing a back pack from my closet my phone started to ring. It was Harry my good buddy, I picked it up wondering what he wants.

"Hey dude, sup?" I blurted upon placing my phone in my ear heading out in my balcony for some fresh air.

"Man, I really need a favor, can I crash on your place tonight? My parents left and I lost my key. They will be back in three days.

"Dude, you said tonight, but your folks are going to be away for three days, are you kidding me?"

"Yeah dude, I'm kinda hoping four days max." I sighed really loud. Ugh!

If I let Harry crash in that means I have to be here, I cannot make him stay here without me, my godfather might stop by and wondering why I am letting someone else live here even for just a bit.

I wanted so much to decline but where will he stay. He's giving me the guilt trip. This dude owes me big time, I was supposed to be with Stacy while her aunt and uncle are away, now I'm stuck here...damn!

That got me into thinking maybe I can ask Stacy to let Harry crash in her place so I can be with her at the same time, but maybe I am asking too much....

"Dude you still there?" Harry asked at the same time interrupting my thoughts.."Yeah man, listen you can come over for tonight, I have to phone my girl, and decide what's best since you broke my plan..." He laughed at the other line upon hearing this..

"Thanks so much Romeo, he teased. Dude when did you got a girl?" That made me think I hadn't told anyone in my peers yet, as I wanted it to remain a secret, now that's a lot of adjustments to do. Starting off with one, as I dial my babe's number...

"Stacy, hi babe, something's come up.." I explained everything to her as she happily agreed that Harry and I stayed for a whole week at her place. She is really understanding luckily we have the place to ourselves.

Bridget's POV

That episode on Stacy's house was tremendously awkward, I guess that's what I get from snooping around and getting in their way...I need a love life seriously... I wonder if Michael will see through me.

Rummaging through my closet I began to think I really need to do shopping I better call Stacy.

"Stacy, are you free? Can you come with me even a few hours for shopping? I mean if that's ok?"

"Yeah, yeah. Marcus just left he will be back later, I just have to get ready, meet me in the park in 15 minutes."

Thank goodness! I will finally have free time with my best friend. Grabbing my towels and vanilla oatmeal liquid soap I headed for the bathroom for a quick shower as I am excited to go shopping.

A few minutes later I was out and ready, when Stacy called." Bri, I forgot to tell you...if you like to go to my place for an overnight, we're doing movies night." I suddenly remembered the awkwardness a while ago.

"Are you sure?" Stacy was flipping her curls while we sat on the bus.. She's wearing tight hanging blouse and black leather leggings with a half embroidered flower jacket and converse shoes. Glancing at her curves and cleavage, no wonder Mr. Bingley fell for her, I honestly envy her. I would trade anything to be in her position.

She nodded smiling while licking a lollipop. We got off the bus and headed for the nearest shop as I started checking out some summer dresses. We tried too many clothes and I just ended up buying three summer dresses, while Stacy got five one pants four blouses.

The mall is not too big compared to other malls in the city. We love hanging out here, not only did we grew up in this area but also we knew the place inside and out. Baskin Robbins is not too far behind so we decided to have some snack. While we were on the line to order food, some guy pushed me away from Stacy and covered her eyes. It was Michael...I felt a little jealousy as he snaked his other hand on my best friend's tiny waist.

"Let go of me!" Stacy irritatingly yelled which obviously caught attention as Michael suddenly released her. "A little bit antsy are we?" He mocked her while touching her cheeks. I saw Stacy blushed and shoved away his hands.

He didn't move from where we were as I thought he was gonna order too. "I knew I'd find you here." He whispered on Stacy as she just brushed off ten attention and pretended to be texting. Without another word he snatched the phone from her, prancing around like a joker, man! He definitely wants her attention. As Stacy kept her cool.

"Please hand it back..." She pleaded as he placed it up higher his arms outstretched while laughing uncontrollably.

"Give me a kiss first, on the lips." As he pointed on his lips, he is really annoying her to the point that she dropped off the line up and continued to follow him.

"Ok. Michael, what do you want?" This time her tone is condescending.... I feel rage starting to form as she started to blush as she reached for it.

"Are you gonna kiss me now?" He mocked.

"Are you gonna hand it back?" She is hopeless as she leaned in front of him and kisses him without any word. I was appalled by what I saw. As he kissed her back. Could this be any more awkward. Surprisingly they looked like they seem to enjoy it, I'm guessing it lasted for about two minutes as she was able to break free from his grasp.

They looked at each other eye to eye, and I feel a spark between them. He was shocked as he continued to stare at her without saying anything it looks like he felt something in that kiss.

All of a sudden Stacy grabbed my hand as she marched away from him. He was left there like a statue, while touching the edges of his own lips, maybe he couldn't believe what just happened... It's like she didn't give him a hard time..

She was walking continuously as my feet felt like it was being dragged on the ground, when I couldn't hold it any longer I yanked away from her grip.

"What is wrong with you Stacy?" She looked at me like she has no idea who I was..it was really weird..."Let's go home!" She yelled. As we saw the bus approaching we continued to walk and run at the same time trying to make it to the waiting shed as soon as the bus stops.

Suddenly someone yelled from behind us.."Stacy, wait!" It was Michael again, Stacy looked back and almost run upon seeing him. But he was faster... He was behind us within seconds as he grabbed only to twist her waist to face him.

"I love you Stacy... Please say that you do?" What?! Am I hearing this correctly? Stacy looked at me but I cannot read her mind... "Stay away from me Michael."

She turned dragging me once again as we run for the bus..Michael didn't bother going after us, but I can feel pain in his eyes... Why does she want her when he knows she doesn't need nor want him...is it because of the challenge? Do I ever exist to him?? It hurts to witness and absorb all of this happening around me...what will I do to be noticed??? I deserve someone, will I ever get a chance in happiness??