Chapter Twenty Nine - Suspicions

Stacy's POV

I was in Marcus condo as he went out to grab some food, I took the time to help him clean some dishes on the sink and he left his phone on the counter. It keeps on buzzing and the name Olive appeared on the screen. Who was that? A sudden jolt of jealousy sprang through my veins...Is he cheating on me? I will not touch the phone, I will continue to ignore it and if it still rings by the time he is here, were definitely gonna have a talk. It stopped ringing after four missed calls. As I sat there almost hyperventilating, I love Marcus so much and I won't let this come between us.

After half an hour the door opened and a smiling Marcus beamed at me, I couldn't return the favor so I just focused on the tv. He set the food on the dining table, and instantly hugged me, kissed me on the cheek.

"What's up?" He was staring at me. "Nothing, I guess I'm just too tired today." I lied.

"Sorry for the exercises I ordered you guys to do, it's part of the grading system before finals." he thinks it's that one that bothers me..he has no idea..

"Come on let's eat." He went to the kitchen counter and grab some plates on the cupboard, as I took out the utensils. My phone buzzed and I excused myself to answer..it was my Aunt Emma. She wants me to follow Olivia at the mall. Seriously?? No way be a babysitter to that bitch! I said no and hanged up the phone, as I did that I can see that Marcus started checking his phone.

I continued to stay calm as much as possible and I just told him that Aunt Emma wants me to go home as soon as possible. We finished our meal and as I was washing the dishes his phone rang again while he was on the toilet. The same name appeared and it's really pissing me off this time. Before the ring ended he was already out and he saw the name on the screen, I pretended to continue on what I am doing as I saw that he cancelled the call. Then it rang again after a minute.

This time I asked innocently. "Who is Olive?" He look surprised as I mentioned the name. "She was just an acquaintance." I can tell he's lying as he can't look at me directly in the eye.

"Must have been some hell of an acquaintance to be persistent to hear your voice." I remarked sarcastically.

Marcus went behind me and hugged me tight. "Babe I love you ok? no one else."

I stopped what I was doing and faced him. "So who is she?" He took my hands and pulled me on his lap, I was straddling him and facing him as I listened to what he has to say.

"Ok, I will be more clear, she was my ex." I fumed with anger and removed my legs from his lap but he was too quick to pull me down.

"Stacy, wait.." Tears start to dwell on my eyelids, I have no patience in a situation like this.

"You told me she was an acquaintance, you lied to me Marcus, now why would I believe you?" I pushed his chest away and started grabbing my stuff.

He was blocking my way. "Marcus, please I have to leave Aunt Emma is expecting me soon." He shook his head and I can see fury in his eyes.

"No you are not leaving until we settle this misunderstanding. I am trying to explain to you and yet you wanted to leave, it doesn't work that way Stacy."

This time it was too obvious that I am crying as tears fall down my cheeks. He started wiping them away. "I'm sorry I lied at first I didn't think it was a big deal." he added.

"Not a big deal?! I that what you think it is? She keeps on calling you and it's not a big deal? Why does it seem like the communication between the two of you is not dead at all, like you have been hanging out with each other like recently." I let out a big sigh as I stomped my feet and slumped on the floor.

"I am not cheating on you if that's what you think. I am avoiding her." I looked at him straight in the eye.

"Avoiding? Really? If that's really your intention towards her then why she can still contact you, it's so easy to change your number let alone block her from the service provider."

He sat beside me speechless, he knows I'm right. "I'm sorry, I will do that first thing tomorrow." He tried to touch my hand but I was quicker to avoid him.

"You do that, for the meantime, I don't want to talk to you. Just leave me alone." I was so mad that I am not thinking straight. Whatever comes on my mind that's what I will say.

"Stacy, seriously? Are you breaking up with me?" There were tears in his eyes.

"I am tired just let me go." I stood up and yank my arms away from him. If he can keep a secret like this to me, what else can he do without informing me? My trust was broken...and I am hurt.

"Stacy, I love you!" He was yelling as I left his condo. Tears were spilling uncontrollably on my cheeks, my vision became blurry. I love him so much it hurts....