Chapter Twenty - Fix it or Lose it

Bridget's POV

I hate her! I never thought after so many years of being bestfriends that I will hate her like this. Am I jealous? She has everything, beauty and brains. Even grabbing the attention of the hottest bachelor in school, Mr. Bingley! To top it off even Michael. I heard rumours they kissed in the hallway, yet she never mentioned anything about this. I don't understand her, I mean she has to make up her mind.

Going to school for the last day of the week, I must admit I got used to talking to her on the bus before we headed for school. But not today, I ask my stepmother to give me a lift.

As our car passed by Stacy's street I saw her walking on the sidewalk, probably on her way to school, but I pretended to be blind. I need her to realize that people care about her, she should stick to her priorities.

My stepmother didn't say anything although she saw that I've seen her walking on the street. She sure knows my attitude, and I'm glad she didn't want to interfere.

I got there ten minutes early so I decided to sit on the football field benches. It was a crisp cool foggy morning in the arena. Times like these you should savour the moment..I scanned my notes as Gym class is the first period, looking inside my bag a shadow was lurking beside me. I recognized who it was as soon as I smelled the scent..

I removed my headset off my ears, and upon looking up to see Mr. Bingley. Damn. He really is a very gorgeous young lad. Stacy is very lucky to have him. Those biceps on a sleeveless fitted plain blue shirt and a trainer pants hanging confidently on his waist..Man, what a sight to begin my day...

"Can I talk to you Ms. Monahan?" Crap! Why would I be surprised? I guess his puppy love already mentioned about our misunderstanding..re: ex bestfriend!

"Sure, Mr. Bingley." Facing him I realized it must be hard for Stacy being the girlfriend, I mean I am only a fan yet I can't bear to stare...lol that rhymed... His presence is Immaculate...

"I talked to Stacy, yeah sure-I thought...from what I have gathered she mentioned to you and you alone, about my relationship with her.." Wow..me and me alone, should I be honoured?

He is observing me."Yes, Mr. Bingley, what about it?" I pretended not to be too hyped about it nor to sound surprised..

"It's a very delicate situation your best friend and I are in, so, I appreciate if you don't mention this to anyone, ever. Can I count on you on that matter, Ms. Monahan?" I knew it. But asking a favor from me, especially Mr. Bingley, that seems impossible to turn him down.

"I was never a gossiper, Stacy knows that." I assured him as I continued to fix my stuff. Clearly he has something more to say since he didn't leave my side.

"I hope whatever misunderstanding you had, make sure to do something about it, as I also told Stacy last night, don't waste years of friendship on something so petty. She needs you as much as you need her." He started standing up and turning back to me he says, "Thanks Bridget." Wow! He called me by my first name?! I felt butterflies in my stomach all of a sudden, he's just adorable..but I know I have to stop this nonsense feelings I am developing towards him or I will totally lose my best friend. Wait did I just called her my best friend again? Argh!

Mr. Bingley left and I don't know if I am gonna make a first move towards Stacy, Mr. Bingley has a point, maybe it's ok to give Stacy and I a second chance..it just feels awkward now...but I do miss her already..

During gym class Stacy and Mr. Bingley barely looked at each other, I guess they came to an understanding so as not to be suspected in their actions. I followed her as soon as she left the gymnasium she looks sad..

"Stacy, wait!" I yelled at her as she started running towards her next class, I think she's avoiding me, well, I won't let this day end without talking to her, after all I don't want to disappoint pretty boy.

After two hours has passed and I cannot find her anywhere, she wasn't even at the cafeteria, I sat alone waiting for Jessica..one of the populars sat beside me, I wonder what they're up to?

"Hey Bri, where's the teacher's pet friend of yours, you guys broke up?" They are really annoying, they irritate all the nerve endings in me. "Oh I bet she's smooching with the teacher somewhere and here you are all alone." "Poor Bri, boo!" Before I can even answer they left me while they walk out of the cafeteria laughing their hearts out. I suddenly thought about Stacy, how these sluts talk behind her back, what gave them the idea there's something going on with out teacher and Stacy? I really have to find her, and apologize...

Jessica bumped into me in art class, I grabbed her by the arm, "Jess, have you seen Stacy?"

"Yes. She went to the library, why?"

"What? When was this?" Jessica is looking at me weird.

"Did something happen between the two of you?"

"Just a misunderstanding, I'll meet you later I have to go find her." I left her and was determined to find Stacy, when I passed by the music room I heard a familiar voice.. It was Diane Stewart, Julius' girlfriend, wait what is she doing in music class..she was giggling like a slut, I wonder who is he talking to? I tried to be discreet on peaking and I saw Mr. Bingley, arranging a shelf while looking for something and that bitch is hovering beside him. What are they doing in the Music room in the first place? Is he a substitute music teacher too? Wow, if he is, he is definitely a very talented person.

"Mr. Bingley please I will fail in English if you don't tutor me. Even just for a week." Mr. Bingley tried to avoid her stare as she was basically shoving her cleavage just to get his attention.

"I don't have extra time to do tutoring in English, I am already handling that class plus Gym and weekdays extracurricular music lessons. I can barely juggle my time." Okay. That explains it. I thought as I listened intently leaning on the door.

"Even just two days of your time, and you can do me after, for hours if you like." She grabbed Mr. Bingley's hand and placed it inside her shirt on the cleavage that made him gasp and pulled away from her.

"Are you crazy? I have a girlfriend! I don't need anybody else but her, so if you'll excuse me I need to prepare for my next class, you can leave now!" Wow. He is really dedicated. Stacy is indeed a lucky girl. I moved away and pretended to be texting whole leaning on the lockers doors across the hallway, waiting if she's gonna insist herself again, I can't help but giggle.

"You'll come begging for my tits, my ass and my pussy one day!" She yelled without hesitation as she stormed out of the room, luckily I was the only one who witnessed it, as it wasn't break time when it happened. She really is one desperate slut. But, I can't blame her, almost everybody wants a piece of this gorgeous young lad, and they have no idea who was the lucky one to have him all by herself...that makes me wonder if him and Stacy already did "IT."

I really need to find her....