Chapter Thirty Five - Tricky Feelings

Stacy's POV

My birthday is tomorrow and nobody seems to care. Olivia is always at her photoshoots. Aunt Emma always is always with her..my best friend Bridget, is nowhere to be found, always busy with her stepmother's new salon. I haven't heard from Marcus at all, and it pains to even think about it. I thought we had something special going on, he really is a playboy like my classmates thinks of him.

So far the only person I can count onto is Michael. We have been hanging out for three days now, and I can tell he had changed. He's not that aggressive maniac, I used to know. I can still feel he wants me but he is holding it back. Most times he almost kissed me but he moves away before our lips touch.

I do not know if I am already infatuated with him. As for Mr. Bingley mostly he is absent in class. I do not know what's up with him but this thing he is pulling off whatever this show is...is so not like him...nobody knows Marcus as well as me..and I won't make the first move to ask how he is doing...after all it was his fault why I broke up with him.

I cannot forget our last kiss, I can still smell his cologne on my cheeks like it was just a few hours ago..his hair brushing on my forehead as we kissed..His hand by my waist as he lift me up closer to his chest...and the taste of his soft lips..ugh! I am still head over heels in love with him..and now I am imagining that feeling when I am with Michael. Because it seems impossible now with Marcus..

I want to feel loved again...that is my birthday wish...I just want to be happy again...I guess that is not too much to ask...

"Come on Stacy, we had to head to the gym and change." Michael interrupted my reverie as he dragged me by my arm towards the gymnasium.

"Have you seen Bridget?" I asked him. "Yes, she was already there." What?!? She went ahead without me?

After I had changed into gym pants and shirt we all lined up and I saw Bridget as she waved at me at the corner I gave her a small smile not really know what is going in in her head these past few days.

Mr. Bingley emerged from the gym locker room with Elaine, our top student and they were both carrying soccer balls. Wait, so Elaine is the new pet now? How long have they been there? Oh my God! I am completely panicking, because I know what's going on inside there once a girl goes there with him. I suddenly felt I hate him, the fury inside me blazing...they started distributing the balls as we are going to do a practical exam.

"Okay one by one you will show me how you can kick this ball towards the net. Then we will make up two teams and only one competition. The team that wins will get plus 30 on their final grading sheet in written exam tomorrow." Everyone started cheering excitedly, unlike me I was completely staring at him like I wanted to punch him.

Bridget suddenly was beside me."Stacy, why are you staring at him like that? Do not be too obvious." I saw he has bandages on his fist it seems to be bleeding that's where I will hit him once I get a chance to be alone with him.

"Well, Bridget you'll see what happens." I placed my hands on both sides of my waist as I got ready to kick the ball. From the corner of my eye I can see Elaine beside him, hah! Yup! That's my target!

I kicked the ball as hard as I can all the energy and sadness and hurt I am feeling went to the bottom of my foot and I kicked it hard targeting Elaine's face. I hadn't realized I did hit my target when I heard everyone scream "whoa!" And I saw Elaine sitting down and seems to lost her balance while she was holding her red face.

Everyone seems to look concern at her and went near her. Bridget looked at me puzzling and Michael placed his hands on my back rubbing it while asking.."are you ok?" Which is weird because he's supposed to be asking Elaine.