Chapter Five - Settling In

Marcus' POV

Three days has passed since I went to see Godfather, with the help of my five buddies I had finally settled in for the weekend at my condo. I gotta say I am stoked to see that it was fully furnished. Mostly the appliances are stainless steel. Awesome! I just brought in my three luggages. My guitar, drum set, my electronic keyboard..yes I love music but I don't plan to make too much noise while I'm in here. Glancing around I noticed that they have brick walls here. I don't have to feel guilty of any sound after all. But, obviously as per my profession I should maintain my good behaviour.

Only six doors housed this condominium building, it's pretty much very private and with indoor gym on the top floor. I gathered the paperwork from Mr. Winslow's office, as I will be teaching physical education, yes I am the new gym teacher. Being athletic myself, I shouldn't have a problem handling high school students, after all I'm only twenty one. I'm quite nervous to be honest, as this is my first time teaching. With the stereo on, I managed to prepare my lesson plan for the week. It's like studying all over again this time it's my rules, my way. Closing the envelope I decided to get a quick shower before heading off to bed.

My phone was ringing by the time I got off the shower. Without looking I placed it in my ear. "Hello?" It was my ex Olivia Moss. She is a model, she has shoulder length straight hair with bangs, a very tiny waist, nice boobs and her long legs are her asset. We were together for three years, it's a long distance relationship since she was being sent to places because of her modeling contract. My parents loved her, my mom adores her, she says she looks like a doll. I almost proposed to her after I graduated. She was my first serious relationship. My dad insisted on paying for the whole wedding only to let him know when. I'm glad I didn't give Olivia a hint that I may propose. I broke up with her because she cheated on me over a talent agent, when I came for a surprise visit in her apartment in Milan. She was staying there for a year, I ended up being surprised by what I saw, since I have the key to her apartment, I saw them in bed together, who knows they have been fooling me for a long time now. I got traumatized and decided to stay single for a while. I loved her. She was my woman. We've been over for a year now. I wonder what does she want this time?

"Hey baby, how are you doing?" She flirted. I already know where this conversation is heading.

"Olivia, it's late." I retorted.

"I know it's late but I cannot sleep and I've been thinking about us, can you ever forgive me? We can try again. I promise it won't happen again." She pleaded at the other end of the line, like this is all new to me, huh. Ever since we broke up she has been telling me this for like seven times now and my answer stays the same, and that's what she will be hearing again until she gives up. Now I'm thinking of changing my phone number. It's starting to get annoying.

"Olivia, there's nothing more to talk about. It's over. We're done. We've been through this discussion many times already." I placed my phone on top of the drawer and put it on speaker as I put on my boxers and dried my hair with a towel.

She was crying at the other end of the line. "I just want to see you, please? I miss you so much." I don't know what else to say, I'm tired and exhausted from the move. I haven't been able to unpack my clothes yet.

"Olivia I'm sorry, my decision is final. Goodbye." I was close to hanging up when she screamed.

" You are so gonna regret leaving me. I will find you." She hang up before I did.

I fixed my bedsheets, put my phone on alarm and lay flat on my king size bed. Yes, at last, I can relax. Tomorrow is a big day.

----------*----------

I know this chapter is short, but let me know what you think. Please vote/comment. Thanks!