Chapter Eleven - Twice as Nice

Marcus' POV

It almost ruined my day at the sight of Michael holding Stacy. I'm glad I was there in time before he can do something to her. I don't know why I feel this protective when she's not even my girl. I noticed she was a little classy today, heck, I don't blame Michael for acting that way towards her. If I was in his place I would've kissed her already. She's so damn hot on those heels and her hair was still a bit wet dangling on her back, she looks fresh from the shower and as she moved her hips swayed generously from side to side because of her shoes plus that bag is chic. It matches her personality, she should dress like that more often. Wait, maybe it's not a good idea, as I won't be able to concentrate in class.

She looks at me ridiculously as she followed at the same classroom from behind me. She took her seat and was about to say something to her best friend but confusingly looked at me in front of her instead.

Holding the chalk as I managed to write my name on the board I began to introduce myself. "Good morning, I know some of you already knows me from Gym class, but don't be confused because right now I, Mr. Bingley will be your substitute English teacher for a month while they try to look and hire for a replacement for Ms. Swan." I heard nothing bust gasps, and delight on the girl's faces like I just announced that it's the last day in class or a field trip.

"I don't have the authority to explain what happened nor why they chose me but I guess, yeah, you'll just have to deal with me for a month." I started holding out essay sheets to my students and the happy faced turned into a frown.

Stacy's POV

"Mr. Bingley are we having exam on your first day as our teacher?" Simon blurted.

"I believe so, Mr. Gaston." He paused as he handed a sheet of paper to me, I looked at him there's admiration in his eyes. Or I am just being delusional, he shaked his head as if he read my mind and went back to his chair.

"Ok class, the instructions are on the paper, you have twenty minutes. Begin." Sitting back on his chair I was observing him and he looked at me straight in the eye.

"Is there a problem Ms. Walsh?" Oh God! Busted! Stop staring Stacy-my inner sense poked me.

"A..ah..nnNo sir." I looked at my desk instead, embarrassed. I can still feel his glare but I know I have to focus. Why does he have to be our substitute teacher?? Ugh!!

Ogling on my test paper, I realized there's just three of us left, Mr. Bingley is now leaning in front of his desk as he was holding his watch. Wait, is that a timer? Bummer. This is my favourite subject but I can't seem to concentrate nor find the right words to finish my essay. Ok focus Stacy....

After 10 more minutes he put down his watch. "Ok, time's up!" What?! I am the only one left? God, this is so embarrassing.

"Do you need a tutor Ms. Walsh? Let me know if you do. I'm willing to help."

"Thanks. But I don't seem to be failing to need one." I answered sarcastically. He smirked and turned his back on me, he didn't seem to like my reply.

"Bye, Mr. Bingley." I almost said in a whisper as I quietly let myself out of the room.

"Bye. See you later at gym." He replied without looking at me. Did I hurt him? Why am I so affected by the small things like these-the way he looks the way he reply. What is wrong with me? I need to be really clear with my intentions, I am not myself lately, ever since I laid eyes on my Gym/substitute English teacher.

Bridget caught me at the door as soon as I closed it behind me. "Hey what's going on? What did Michael do to you?" I explained everything to her and she said the same thing as to what I was thinking. We we're both confused why Mr. Bingley is protecting me so much.

"You know Stacy, before this week ends I bet you he will confess." Well, he kinda almost did, if I didn't ran away that fast from his grip on our conversation inside his car.

"I don't think so, maybe I just remind him of his little sister or someone." I defensively explained.

"Nah, I noticed the way he looks at you, especially today."

"What is it? I don't understand."

"Oh please, Stace, don't be naive and don't pretend you don't feel anything. His stare doesn't scream "little sister" in my head." "It's more like...you're all I need." She laughed and I threw my kitkat bar chocolate at her shoulders.

"Stop it! He doesn't have a crush on me."

"There! Gotcha, you like him Stacy!" She stuck her tongue out at me playfully. Having thought about it, I am happy that I get to see him twice on MWF.

"You like me?" I almost jumped on my seat in shock just realizing it was Michael once again. Bridget and I looked at each other, making sure she won't leave me this time. His smile turned into a grin when I didn't answer.

"Can I talk to you in private Stacy?" looking at him I shook my head.

"Why not?" he insisted. "After what you did to my friend this morning, I am not leaving her side this time." Bridget backed me up this time, I mouthed a thank you at her, she mouthed welcome, at me.

"Alright. I was just wondering if you wanna go out on a date with me, say Friday night next week?"

I looked mentally deteriorated, I don't want to reject him at the same time I am scared to be alone with him.

"I'll think about it." I almost choked the words out of my mouth. It was the safest answer I could muster. He leaned and gave me a peck on the cheek and left winking at me.

"Oh no Bri, you better find yourself a date!" I shook her shoulders as she looked at me bewildered.

"This is about you, not me Stace, you could've easily said no, you wouldn't have a problem by now."

------------3>------------

what do you think guys? is she gonna try and go out with him or dump him?

vote/comments please?

thanks!!!!