Chapter Nine - Explanation

Marcus' POV

As soon as she got in my car, I wanted to confess. I don't know if I can take it any longer.

Finally reaching our destination I managed to overcome shyness and confronted her.

"Stacy, I need to talk to you." She looked surprised. Slowly facing me and glancing at my hands still on her wrist, I let go, embarrassed.

"What is it Mr. Bingley?"

"I'm sorry for what happened later on at gym, I mean I didn't like Michael's tone the way he speaks to you."

"It's ok. He's always been that way." she explained.

How lucky that guy is to be close to Stacy that way. I have to ask her, who he is in her life.

"Stacy, I hope you don't mind me asking but is he your boyfriend?" I stared at her and she blushed. Her face blossomed even more making it difficult for me to fight the urge to kiss her.

"He isn't my boyfriend, I don't have any." It's like music to my ears. That's all I wanted to hear, what has been bugging me the moment I laid eyes on her.

It gave me the courage to take on the second step. I will makw myself known by slowly giving her a hint.

"Mr. Bing-Marcus, since you asked me it would only be fair to ask you the same thing. Are you single?" she covered her mouth upon saying this, surprised she even let the words out of her mouth.

"Yes. I am single, why did you ask?"

"Nothing, gotta go! Thanks for the ride Mr. Bingley." I furrowed as she swiftly got out of the car waving back at me before she completely disappeared out of my sight.

Stacy's POV

Scrambling to my feet, almost stumbling of nervousness I was able to escape his question, what was I thinking? You're in front of your teacher Stacy-he's not your friend, my inner sense reminds me.

Was I really interested on his answer? Upon confirming his status, I couldn't wait to jump for joy, that's why I had to escape at once before he can even grab my hand again. And that touch, sent electrifying feelings all through my nerve endings. His pouty lips ever glistening in my eyes, I wanted so badly to kiss. This is definitely gonna feel more awkward than before when we sew each other in school.

I was shaking upon placing my own keys to our house. Aunt Emma and Uncle Victor was in the living room watching tv as soon as I opened the door. They looked like they just saw a ghost.

"Stacy! Darling where have you been? I was starting to worry." Aunt Emma came to hug me. Unluckily she noticed something on me.

"You're shaking and blushing, are you okay? Let me know what's wrong?" Placing his eyeglasses on Uncle Victor came closer to observe me.

"Honey, you know you can tell us anything. What happened?" He added.

"I'm fine. Ma...My teacher dropped me off because A--I...missed the bus." I stammered.

"We we're thinking you might be at Bridget's we tried calling her house phone she said you weren't there, she was thinking you went with Jessica." This time Aunt Emma led me to the kitchen and gave me a glass of water, following behind her was Uncle Victor.

"I wasn't Jessica had the flu she was absent. It's just it took too long for the bus that I started walking and my teacher saw me and gave me a lift." All this explanation is adding stress to me I better excuse myself before they start asking a bunch of questions.

"I need to lie down and rest I'm really tired and I have exams tomorrow." I lied-not about the tired part but we don't have anymore exams tomorrow.

"All right then do you need me to fix you something to eat I'll bring it up." Aunt Emma is so kind and caring that I barely miss my mom.

"Yes, please. Thank you. Goodnight." I started going up the stairs when Uncle Victor spoke. "This teacher of yours, I would like to meet her, so we know who came to drop you off. Not that I don't trust the person, but it's better to be careful next time." I smiled. I know he's just concerned about me.

"It's Mr. Bingley who dropped me off. No worries he's a nice guy." I looked at my feet upon saying it, just so they won't notice that I'm blushing.

"The more reason I should worry because he's a guy." Uncle Victor won't let this go. I know him. "How old is he?" Oh really? This conversation just keeps piling up.

"I think he's 21." I bit my lip just to stop from giggling.

"Twenty One?! That was hell too young to be a teacher!" He exclaimed.

"Language, Victor!' Aunt Emma glared.

"Sorry. I was just surprised." He was shaking his head.

"You act like he's Stacy's boyfriend, he's just her teacher, who did a good thing on keeping her safe. It's not like Stacy hasn't had a boyfriend before." They look at each other. Wait, are they quarreling right now, over some petty discussion? But the word boyfriend made my heart pound a little more louder.

"Go on and take a rest, I will bring your food upstairs." I nodded at Aunt Emma's and slowly head upstairs, leaving a curious Uncle Victor looking outside the window.