Chapter 24

Again, pasensiya na sa napakatagal na update. Gumagawa kasi ako ng special chapters ng colors of passion para sa self-publish at para sa Longing for Innocence for paid.

***

AS THE sun began to set, casting a golden glow over the race track, Soft leaned sideways and softly whispered, "This is the place where you want work.

"Mm. This is a nice place. Sayang, maganda sana. Mukhang hindi sana ako mababagot magtrabaho rito. Nood-nood lang ng karera sa umaga at strip dancer sa gabi."

"I hate that idea!" Soft exclaimed, gently squeezing Montana's hand that he had been holding since they sat on the bench, watching the motorcycles racing—two motorcycles that were being maneuvered by non professionals.

"Do you like the place?"

"I do. Ang ganda-ganda ng lugar. I hope the natural beauty won't be ruined by adding a hotel, resort and condo."

"Mukhang hindi naman. Alecksander still wants to conserve a huge part of nature. The trees near the hotel and condo will not be removed. The place will still be the same...a motorsport club in the middle of woods."

"Then good. I'm a nature lover and advocate for environmental protection."

"Oh, really?"

"I am part of the Youth for Environment at school org. Marami na rin kaya kaming nagawang environmental project."

"Wow!" Inakbayan ni Soft si Montana. "I'm proud of you. Why don't you invite Iolanthe to join that org? Para naman magkaroon ng pakinabang sa kalikasan." Ipinaikot pa ni Soft ang isang braso katawan ni Montana kaya ngayon ay yakap na niya ito.

"Ang alam ko ayaw niyang sumali sa org. Hindi naman daw 'yon makakatulong sa kanya," dagdag pa ni Soft. Montana slightly turned her body to face Soft. She also wrapped one of her arms around Soft's body and snuggled closer, as if seeking warmth. The location they were in wasn't directly exposed to the sun since it has a roof above them. Montana's gesture brought a smile to Soft's lips and filled his heart with happiness. It wasn't new for him to be embraced by a woman even in public places. What he couldn't remember was the emotion that this hug was giving him. He was certain that no woman had made him feel intense happiness just because of the woman's presence and simple gestures.

"You two are so adorable. Parang hindi kayo magtito kung magbangayan kayo."

"That brat loves to tease me."

"At ikaw rin naman. Pero love na love ka ni Iolanthe."

"I love that kid, too." Soft had equal love for his nieces and nephews, but Frankus accused him of favoring his child, who was named after him but that's not true. Walang favouritism. Palagawang kuwento lang talaga si Frankus at ma-issue pagdating sa mga anak.

"'I want my own children someday... with you." Montana remained silent after Soft's statement. He only felt her fingers pressing against his side as  she took a deep breath. He pressed his lips against her head, and he caught a whiff of her natural, alluring fragrance, a scent that awakened his senses and reminded him of the enchantment of being in her presence. Montana's fingers gently caressed the side of his body, as if soothing it after digging her fingers into it.

"Why are you so kind....to me?" she said silently. The way she's taking a pause before adding the last two words seemed like she did not like the idea that he's kind to her.

"Why are you treating me differently from the other women that have been linked with you." Humaplos ang kamay ni Soft sa braso ni Montana.

"I did not treat them badly. I was nice to them," ani Soft.