ch.4 dark palace

Ch. 4. castle
Cross stands there for a while, listening to nightmare’s footsteps slowly fade.
Once he was sure he was gone, he let out a sigh and sat on the bed. With a snap of his fingers, the room was covered with a layer of magic, securing it from any form of magic that wasn't his and soundproofed it for safety. It also helped hide his true emotions and radiated only negative energy to the outside.

He lay down on the bed, his feet dangling on the edge of the bed. "Ughh.." he groaned. And rubbed his eye sockets "That was more exhausting than I thought...but still... everything is going right as planned…"

He rolled over, face-planting into the sheets. He regrets doing so, while the sheets and the mattress were certainly high quality, they did not meet his incredibly high standards.

'I wonder if they'll notice if I switch
it out for softer ones' he thought to himself.
Suddenly a warning tab opened before him, telling him that someone was about to break into his room. He could tell by looking at the Neon decorations on its normally plain black and white interface that it was just Fresh. He clicked allow and the parasite Fresh Poofed into his room and sat on the bed.

"Sup pops!" Fresh smiled. "Not to be judgy but seems like you had totes unrad time"

Cross looked up with a tired smile. "Hey Fresh…" he sat up on the bed, cross-legged. "It's been a draining day and-" his eyes widened as he saw he got a better look at fresh. "What happened to you?!"

It was only then that he noticed that some of the colors were not part of his outfit, but paint. Fresh's glasses were a bit bent and cracked as well which was unusual since the parasite took really good care of it. Fresh was hurt even if it wasn't overly painful, he still is. Cross got on his knees, his hand cupped Fresh's cheeks as he checked for injuries.

Fresh giggled, he felt like a child being cared for like this. "I'm fine pops, just went and pissed off the inkwell. results were not hella cool. Such a buzz kill" he shook his head.

A bubble of anger formed in Cross's chest. "Ink…ink did THIS?!"

"Pa, chill out," said Fresh as he took off his glasses, his eye light, and soul glowed in the dark room. "Got a bit snarky with him"

Cross took a deep breath and tried as he might to calm down. "I'm killing him"

"No can do pops!" Fresh said with a grin. "You can't do that remember?" Fresh shakes his head.  "It ain't dope to take away birthday gifts pops"

Cross groans in frustration. "I regret letting you keep that thing." He sighs and moves closer to fresh. "Come here, let's fix you up" Cross grabs a towel and a water bottle from his inventory, he puts a bit of water onto the towel and uses it to wipe some of the paint from Fresh’s face.

Fresh giggled, “It's cold!”

“I know, hold still” Cross grabbed Fresh by the shoulders to keep him from moving too much. Luckily Ink’s paint attacks aren't strong enough to cause any damage to the actual parasite and even if the body did get harmed, he could just get fresh a new host.

“There, much better” Cross smiled after getting all the paint off, well those he could see. He reached up and patted fresh on the head. “You should take a shower later, you smell like paint”

Fresh gave Cross the broken sunglasses, “Paint smells nice”

“On buildings yes, on monsters? No.” Cross took the sunglasses, inspecting the damages. He opened a window tab on his left and put the glasses in it. He started typing out the code and the glasses floated in the air, slowly repairing itself.

Fresh stared in awe as the magic and code did its work. It was always so mesmerizing to see magic and code flowing in the air, watching them merge into one and create something new.