ch 7. Dancing in a nightmare

Ch.7 dancing in a nightmare.

"cross…fight me…"

Cross smiled, finally, he had been waiting for Nightmare to join him. Perhaps he'll be able to entertain him.

Cross did a small Aristocat bow. "Of course my lord." He teleports right in front of Nightmare, giant knife in hand.

This gives Nightmare barely any time to react, but luckily his tendrils have a mind of their own. It rushed in front of him blocking the attack. Nightmare's eyes grow wide with excitement as the adrenaline surges through his bones.

Nightmare teleports out of the way and reappears behind cross. His tendrils sharpened and went for the attack but was blocked by the knife.

The adrenaline rush in their blood was unreal, it was addicting. Even to Cross, seemed like he finally found someone fun to fight with after so long.

The collision sent them both back to the opposite ends of the training room. They stumbled but got up, In a split second they were back in the center of the room, exchanging attacks in mid-air.

Nightmare has never been more thrilled in his life. It had been a long time since he's had such a fun fight and he didn't even hold back. Cross could block his attacks evenly and he didn't even have to hold back.

Never did he think that there would be someone with equal strength as his, he did not expect that he would be thrilled about it. He thought no one would ever match and if there was he would just destroy them right on the spot, keep himself at the top. But no, right now as he exchanged attacks with Cross, he did not feel the need to kill him. He wanted more, to see Cross's full potential, to have a great fight without holding back and not killing the other.

Cross's movements are precise, well-planned, and most of all elegant. The way he swings his sword, and the way he moves looked like a dance to nightmare. It felt like they were in a perfectly choreographed dance instead of fighting.

Then this happened.

Nightmare saw an opportunity, an open space in Cross's chest. His tendrils could keep Cross occupied, he lifted his arm and attempted to punch Cross'd chest.

Attempt is a keyword.

His eyes widened in surprise when Cross caught his fist. It was more than what he expected. Cross's hand was smooth and soft, like a newborn child's skin. Untainted and perfect without flaw.

Cross held Nightmare's hand tightly, a mischievous smile on his face as he Intertwined their fingers. The slight cyan flush on Nightmare's face looked amusing to him.

He raised their hands above their heads, pulling Nightmare closer.

Nightmare stumbled as he was pulled by Cross, his head colliding with the chest of the other. He looked up at the taller. Cross had a mischievous smile on his face, it made him wonder what the other was planning.

He shivered as he felt Cross's other hand wrap around his waist. A rush of magic went up to his cheeks. 'What was he doing? What was happening? Why am I letting it happen?' He asked himself.

Cross held him close, one hand on his waist, the other held his hand above their heads.

In an EPIC turn of events, Cross suddenly spun him so hard nightmare went across the room.

Nightmare spun around, unable to stop and regain his balance, the sudden action made his brain freeze in shock and confusion.

Just as he was about to fall, a pair of arms wrapped behind him, catching him. He looked up, his vision still blurry from dizzyness but he could tell that it was cross. Cross helped him back to his feet, holding him by the shoulders. Oh how good his smooth bones felt on nightmare's corruption, it was addicting.

He flinched when felt Cross's smooth fingers brush against his arm. Cross took him by the hand and pulled him close once again. A soft smile on Cross's face left Nightmare feeling vulnerable.' what am I doing?' He asked himself once again.

Cross was so incredibly charming. He wanted to take the charming look off his face and lock it in a cage where he could watch it every day.

A shiver went up his spine when Cross held his cheek, making him look up at him. Cross smiled and stepped back, tree steps still holding Nightmare's hand.

He was confused about what Cross wanted to do but soon realized the position they were in. Oh. A dance. He slowly spins towards cross, the cross's arm wrapping around him as he does. He made a mental note to get the other some new clothes as he was still wearing the torn guard uniform. He collided with cross's chest and leaned back, letting his weight fall into cross arms.

He could feel cross smooth and firm arms around his back. Gently holding him. Nightmare once again questioned himself on what he was doing. Why was he letting Cross be this close? Why did he trust that Cross won't let him fall?

Cross gently brought him back to his feet. Still holding his hand.

Nightmare could feel the heat rise on his face when Cross kneeled in front of him. Cross held nightmares hand gently as if it would break, he ran his thumb on the chips and cracks on the bone's surface, caused by many years of fighting. Scars both new and old littered nightmare's hands like an abstract painting showing all that it went through.

Cross held nightmares' hand to his lips and kissed it. His eyes locked onto nightmares, he smiled at the other's reaction.

Cross snickered in amusement and got up, he patted his shorts to get off the dirt. He smiled. "That was a good fight, but we can do that again some other time." He points over to the side where Horror stands alongside the unconscious Dust and Killer. "Important matters come first"

Before Nightmare could say anything, Cross turned around and made his way to the door. He waved his hand goodbye, leaving without another word.

Nightmare found himself holding his wrist, flustered, looking at the hand that was once held by Cross. He felt warm and found himself longing for more. What was this feeling? He shook his head and turned his attention to Dust and Killer, he would do some reading about it later.

"What a peculiar fellow…" he whispered to himself.

Art

By me, Lunaria

By me, Lunaria