Ch2: The time has come.

"It's time," Cross whispered to himself as he sat down on the cold floor of Xtale. It was time; the moment he had been preparing for had finally come. In just a few moments, the game would start.

He thought about all the preparations that had come to this. 5 years and 2 hours, he had spent 5 years and 2 hours preparing for this game.

5 years of making sure that everything was in order and that the multiverse wouldn't crumble in his absence

5 years of letting Blue secretly prepare the stars for the inevitable

5 years of letting fresh...be fresh

2 hours of making up a cover story for his background.

The preparations have finally come to an end.

Now all he had to do was attract the king of negativity into his domain.

Pulling out his soul, he smiled as he lightly touched the center where the human soul merged with his soul with his thumb.

"Chara" he called out. A ghostly form of a monochromatic child formed by his side with a grin on their faces.

"Is it time?" They asked excitedly, hands forming into fists as they bounced with excitement.

Cross nodded. "Alright Chara, remember-"

"Yeah, yeah, no permanent damages allowed," the ghost child interjected. "But I can have some fun, right?" They asked with a maniacal grin.

Cross sighs; the child never grows up. "Do what you want; just remember, no permanent damages, and help Core Frisk with the Omega timeline."

Chara stood up with a grin and saluted. "Yes, admin sir!"
They smirk, "So can I have my body back now? I would really love to not be a floating ghost."

Cross rolls his eyes. "Be patient," he scolds. He puts his hand on the floor, realizing a small, powerful pulse of magic. A magic circle appears, and from within it, the body of a human child rises from the ground, head hung low, and stands like a robot waiting to be turned on.

Chara was ecstatic to see this and immediately floated to it and circled around it, checking out everything, like he hadn't seen his own body before.

They look back at each other with an excited grin. "Cross?.."

Cross sighs, a small smile forming on his face. He held out his soul, and slowly, he removed the human soul from his. Letting it be independent once again. The two souls immediately fixed the damage from losing their half and were soon a complete soul, able to function on their own.

He un summons his soul and holds the human one in front of the child. "Now Chara," he says in a serious tone, his eyeslights glowing a bright red as he stares into her eyes. "Remember our deal; if you break the rules..." A mad grin forms on his face. "I'll make sure you'll never have a body again, and you'll be stuck in the void forever as a lonely speck of worthless code."

Chara tensed as a rush of fear went through their ghostly figure. "Of course!" He stutters as he looks away, trying to look tough. But it was hard; he was talking to the admin, and he knew that Cross didn't give empty threats. Cross had taken his body before. He doesn't want a repeat of that. "I'm not an idiot, Cross."

Cross smiled, satisfied at his reaction. He knows that one way or another, the child will do something and mess up. When the time comes, he'll be the one to judge if they are worthy of keeping their limbs.

He released the human soul, letting it float back into its body. From the corner of his eye, he watched as the ghost slowly faded away.

The soul entered the body, causing it to come back to life and fall limp. Luckily, he caught the human before he fell to the floor. "You better have learned something from this Chara," he whispers to the unconscious human as he moves his hands through Chara's  hair.

A pop of color suddenly flashed in the white void. Standing out from the whiteness and able to be seen from afar, stood a skeleton with brightly colored clothes rolling their way.

Cross smiles, "right on time, fresh." He gets up, holding the small child in his arms.

"Whazz up, my radical pop bro!" Fresh flashed a big smile and circled them. The glasses formed an !!!-!!! When he saw the limp Chara in Cross's arms. "Yo!" He stops rollerblading and moves closer to Cross and Chara. "Dis be the radical day pops?" he asked excitedly. "Dis gonna be rad!"

Cross smiles and nods.It is, now. Can you take Chara with you? They probably won't be awake for long, so just drop them off at the Omega timeline." He smirks. "They're Core's  problem now."

Fresh's glasses turn back to their regular, Yo-Lo. "RAD!" he smiles. "There's nothing like abandoning your responsibilities and making em someone else's problem."
He concluded with finger guns.

"Oh, please," Cross scoffs and rolls his eyes. "I deal with everyone's problems; it's only fair that they deal with one of mine.

"It's still not fair on mortals, you know?" Fresh took the sleeping child from Cross, holding Chara close. "Yah, making them deal with a demon child."

"Eh, they'll manage." Cross shrugs. "Core will deal with it." Cross snaps his fingers, and a clock floats right next to him. "It's almost time." He smiles. "Go now, Fresh; I'll see you on the flip side," he says as he pats Fresh on the head.

"See you on the flip side, pops!" Fresh salutes before poofing away.

Cross smiles; he waves his hand, and a block of code appears next to him. The code takes the form of an apple—a black apple filled with negativity. The tree of feelings might have died long ago, but parts of its code are still there. It's not enough to bring back the three, but enough to form their fruits.

He hid the code the moment he found it, seeing that it was dangerous if a normal person took hold of it, and made sure that no one would take advantage of it.

Except for him, of course.

He held the apple in his hands, and the pure negativity pulsed through his bones, attempting to break him down and corrupt him to do its bidding. The apple didn't affect him much, only lowering his mood a little but not enough to corrupt him. But the amount of negativity pulsing from the apple should be enough to attract the king of negativity.

He sent his own magic into the apple; it absorbed his magic, making its negativity stronger. The negativity could be felt all across the multiple AUs, and Cross had no doubt that he was going to get a visit from the King soon.

He put the apple back in his pocket. Even then, the negativity still spread outside, making it seem like the negativity was coming from him. He smiled at how exciting this was.

There are only about 10 minutes left before the bad guys go on a patrol across the multiverse.  Nightmare might come earlier once the negativity reaches him. He snapped his finger, and his clothes changed into the uniform of a royal guard. Dirty, torn, and layered with blood and dust from the time it spent in battle.

He fell to his knees and bent down in a helpless position. Letting the fake tears fall from his face, he couldn't help but smile in his mind as excitement filled his soul.

The excitement was covered by the layer of negativity, but it was still there as he waited.

He waited for someone to "rescue" him and take him away from this blank "AU."

A new source of negativity appears from a portal behind the cross. Cross knows he's there; finally, he came. He took a deep breath, making it shaky as he continued his crying act. He turns around, a knife in his hand.

"W-who are you?" Cross points his knife at him, shaking in excitement, but to the other, it looked like fear.

The gooey skeleton moved forward with grace and elegance fit for a royal rather than a tyrant. An aura that emitted a demand for respect wrapped around them as he slowly stopped 3 steps away from cross.

"I am you're new king, Nightmare"