Ch6. Error's Dilemma

Souls floating in the air.

Dust on the ground.

A puddle of ink.

Pixel remnants.

Human Bodies.

Darkness of the void.

The whiteness of the anti-void.

It's all Error can remember of his old past. He had always wondered what happened back then. All of his memories were so vague that he couldn't tell if they happened or were just a fragment of his imagination. He can't even remember where he came from.

Ink, he remembers ink. Ink stood beside him, a look of terror on his face. The two of them stood in the center of the doodle spear. He can't remember what had happened that put them in that situation. But his soul told him that it was awful, terrifying, and filled with despair.

Next, there was darkness. Then something held him. He didn't know what it was but he felt safe in it's hold.

He remembers waking up in a white space that he now assumes is the antivoid. His vision was blurry but he could see the spots of color. Someone, whether a monster or a human couldn't quite tell, they had a black and white color pallet, they were talking...no...arguing with an entity of some sort, a black entity that didn't seem to have a physical form.

He couldn't move, the amount of power and magic radiating from the two sent a terrifying feeling into his soul. He felt paralyzed, trapped as if one wrong move could result in his death.

Then, a flash of pink came to him. This one was weaker than the other two and much smaller. But he could still tell that it was powerful.

The pink thing stood in front of him. Simply starting. Through his blurry vision, he could tell that the pink thing was smiling at him.

"You're gonna be fine a playmate brah"
The pink thing had whispered to him.

And that was it. Error groaned and screamed into his pillow. He had the longest reboot ever and it's causing him a head-splitting headache. The last time he remembers such a painful crash and reboots was the first time he woke up in the antivoid. It didn't help that every time he reboots he's hunted by these vague memories that only bring confusion and worsen his headache.

What kind of memories were those? Why do they keep showing up? What do they mean? Sometimes Error wishes that he could just shut his brain just like ink.

He turned over and stared at the ceiling. His mind goes back to the newcomer. He couldn't remember what his name was, did he even know?

The person felt familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time. Is that weird? Something in the bottom of his soul said that he knew who he was and that it was better to avoid him at all costs.

He wondered what could have happened between them that caused this much fear in him.

Weirdly enough, he felt the same towards Fresh. But it wasn't fear, it was warmth. As annoying as the parasite was he strangely felt safe and calm around his presence. Every time the parasite would ask him to do something he would follow without complaint, a strong sense of wanting to be useful and returning a favor filling his bones every time. Somehow he always felt indebted to the parasite despite not knowing or remembering any reason that would make him feel this way towards him. Maybe it's because he had a similar shade of pink as the one in his memories.

The sound of the door opening got his attention and he slowly sat up on the bed. Eyes squinting at the light entering through the door opening.

Nightmare walked in closing the door behind him, a cup of hot chocolate in his hands. He made his way to the bed and sat beside Error. "how do you feel?"