ch 10. CHECKING

There might be some spelling mistakes, just ignore them, or point them out to me if you like.
-Lunaria

Aga 10

Everyone took a seat on the dining table happily talking to one another while eating dinner.

Error, however, wasn't eating much as his attention was on the newcomer beside him, Cross, as he learned his name was. Sat next to him as it was the only spot available.

He tried putting as much space between him and cross as possible without the others noticing. Strangely, unlike during breakfast, Cross's attention wasn't on him, but rather something else. It seemed like Cross was lost in his thoughts, while the others talked to him, he would give small  responses but error could see from Cross's hazy eyelights that he wasn't with them mentally.

He looked down at Cross's plate, he wasn't eating, all he was doing was stabbing the steak over and over again. It was weird, to say the least, Error no longer felt the suffocating and dangerous aura that was around Cross. If he wasn't staring at Cross right now he would believe that he wasn't there at all. His presence was non-existent to Error, with no Aura coming off him, no magic radiating, it was cold, like sitting next to a ghost. He wonders what would happen if he touched cross, would his hand just pass through? Is he even here at all?

He glanced down at Cross's chest. Maybe he should do a check? He might be able to find some information that he could use to figure out just who or what exactly is this monstrosity next to him. He can't just be a normal monster.

He takes a bite of his steak. He would do a check later when no one else was around.

Killer, sitting in front of Cross, pointed his fork at Cross. "So! Crossy isn't it?"

Cross stared him directly In the eyesocket. "Cross"

Killer's grin remained, totally unfazed by the coldness. "Right, Criss-Cross, SO!"

Cross simply blinked, annoyed but not wanting to deal with the nickname.

"So!" Killer continued. "You-" he pointed the Fork at Cross's chest, he leaned over the table and poked him with it. "Will be training with me now newbie!" Killer leaned back, arms folded, a smug look on his face. "I'll teach you how things work so yah better pay attention!"

Cross simply nodded.

"Cross?" Called horror.

Cross moved his head to face horror slowly like a hunted doll. "Yes?"

Which, didn't phase Horror. "Eat…please"

Cross flinched in surprise, he looked at his plate. How long had he zoned out for? He stabbed the steak once again and brought it up to his mouth. His eyes widened, it was like a firework of flavor just exploded in his mouth. The taste was heavenly.
"This is good!" He says with a smile.

Horror smiles, pleased at Cross's reaction.

Nightmare coughed into his fist, gaining the attention of everyone at the table. "in two days we will be attacking Underfell #89, I expect everyone to be in top shape for this, do not disappoint me." He turns to Cross. "Cross, you've shown your strength and I believe you can do well during battle, you will be fighting alongside me so I can evaluate how you fight I'm a real battlefield."

Cross nods. He observes nightmare closely, there is no sign of sadness from the other, as if the conversation from before didn't happen. He seemed cold and in control of himself unlike before. So why was Cross affected? He'd been in a low mood since that conversation and he couldn't understand why, those kinds of tragic stories never are usually so thrilling and amusing to him so what was the difference? is it because he heard it straight from the source?