CH 9 Shadows of Responsibility

Nightmare stood in front of the door to Cross's room, a bag in hand. Horror had come back with clothes for Cross a while ago, Horror could give the clothes to Cross himself but he insisted that he do it instead.

This is not something he usually does, what is wrong with him? He wanted to see Cross...he knows that. But he wants to know why. Is it because of the weird feeling he got when they were fighting earlier? Does he hate Cross?...hate doesn't sound right...Does he like him? Now that's just absurd.

If he did he would know right away, he's a guardian of feelings so surely he would have no problem recognizing his right?...right?

He sighs, it's probably because Cross is new and that's why he feels differently towards him. Probably a feeling that's closer to giving a child a new toy. Snapping out of his thoughts, he raises a hand to knock on the door.

He freezes halfway, why? Why did he stop? Why is he hesitating? What is happening????

He takes a deep breath, feeling angry at himself for worrying about such things. He knocks on the door loudly in spite.

As soon as he heard shuffling noises from the other side, he froze up.

The door slowly opens...

Ah fuck.

He takes a deep breath. "Cross..." he manages to say despite the utter chaos in his mind as his thoughts fall into a spiral of confusion, nervousness, and anger, all directed towards himself and none on the other.

Cross blinks twice in surprise. He looks so innocent, didn't he just beat up Two of Nightmares people?
"Nightmare?..."

Nightmare flinches and then curses himself for doing so. "....." he finds himself speechless once again. What was his goal here again? Was his memory turning into Ink's?
He cleared his throat. "I brought clothes...you can't go around wearing..."
He gestures to Cross's entire outfit. "That..."

Cross looked down at his current outfit. The torn royal guard uniform was barely recognizable as such and now he realizes just how revealing it was. His face flushes in embarrassment. "Ahh..." he scratched his cheek. "Right..."

Nightmare caught himself staring at Cross and cursed himself for doing so. Once again, despite himself, he shoved the bag directly into Cross's face. Then cursed himself again for doing so.

Cross steps back in surprise then takes the bag from nightmares hands. "Umm..thank you?"

Nightmare nodded. "Get changed, dinner should be done in ten minutes."
He takes a step back. "I'll just wait for you here, I don't think you can find the dining room by yourself yet."

Cross smiles. "Thank you, I'll be quick" he goes back into his room and locks the door.

Now, contrary to what Nightmare and probably the entire murder trio thinks, Cross does know his way around the ginormous castle. It's his castle after all, well- it was until he got tired of it and abandoned it.

He took out the clothes from the bag, one by one, and laid them flat on the bed.

When Nightmare said he brought him clothes, he wasn't expecting this. He was expecting something like what the murder time trio wore. A more sans look.

But what he got is something different, and surprisingly enough, exactly his style. He would hate walking around looking like your local neighborhood sans.

He got a black leather jacket, white shirt, white pants, white shorts black shirts, black pants, black shorts, black and white shoes, and combat boots. (He wonders how they found so many pants and shorts with X's on them, has his symbol been popular lately?)