CH.22 Chocolate Bliss

I'm alive and no amount of school work can kill me

-Lunaria

AGA 22.

Nightmare fell face first into the sofa in his office. He sighed in exhaustion. Why did he clean the entire castle again?

Right, he wanted Cross to be comfortable.

Why again?

He groaned as he flipped over, facing the ceiling. He can't remember the last time he saw the castle this clean. Unlike before, the atmosphere felt lighter, and the air smelled cleaner. The castle overall just felt better to be in.

He also discovered that some of the walls in his castle are surprisingly white and not black. How in the world did they get so dirty that they turned black? How long was this castle abandoned? He didn't even realize that the walls were meant to be white when he first found it. Were the walls already so dirty by then?

He also discovered that the castle had a black and white color scheme with a little bit of determination red scattered every now and then. Thinking about it now, it reminds him of Cross; it almost felt like the castle was meant for him instead.

He sighs and looks at the clock; he has a bit of time before he has to go pick Killer and Cross up from Fluffytale. A little rest wouldn't hurt, right? He thought to himself as his eyes droop down.

Yeah…a little nap first, then go get Cross…and Killer.

—--------------------------------------------

The trip to Outertale took longer than it was supposed to. It didn't take long for them to get what they need, but it did take long to gather the determination to stop stargazing.

Finally, the trip was almost coming to an end. Cross took a seat on one of the good couches near the window as Killer went to order (or is more like flirting?). It's been a long time since he last visited Fluffytale. If he remembers correctly, he's visited this place around… 4 times since he made it, a couple of decades? Maybe a century? Time doesn't really exist in the Xtale void.

He scans the room discreetly. As expected, no one really pays attention to him, a skeleton monster looking straight out of Underfell. He doesn't know what he was expecting; he programmed the AU to automatically make everyone that steps in it a neutral soul. But for some reason, he was expecting some hostility? Oh well, the lack of it just meant that the code still worked well.

Speaking of codes, how the hell did these mortals manage to make a portal machine?

Portals that lead to other places ARE possible; he and the server owner had written it down in the code. But traveling through AUs? Going through the multiverse? That was never meant to be! If it was only the lower gods (Dream, Nightmare, Ink, and Error are Gods of balance; they are not the gods of the multiverse, making them much lower Gods than Cross and the server owner) that brought them outside of their respective multiverses, then it would be fine. But to have created a device that allows anyone to travel the multiverse anytime by their own will?

No wonder the Lower Gods are working double time! The multiverse is a mess!

Cross sighs as he slumps against the chair, his shoulders falling.

He came down to the multiverses to play, to mess around with his mortal playthings yet all he's found are problems.

Maybe he shouldn't have taken a nap that lasted several years…he'd left the multiverse unattended, and now it's a mess. (Maybe it was a mistake to let Fresh look after it for a while…)

Killer's fingers snapped in front of him, snapping him out of his thoughts. “You doing okay, Criss-Cross?” his brows furrow in concern, “you're frowning more than I've ever seen boss frown, and he does that a lot.”