Ch 21 a box of chocolates

Aga 21 TATMUnderfell A box of chocolates

Cross sat on a log, panting heavily. He can't remember the last time he ran that fast. Luckily, Killer and Farm managed to trap the demon cow using a couple of sticks and a net. How that worked, he didn't know.

Unfortunately for him, he can't remember what would happen if someone were to get bitten by a demon cow. He hissed at the pain in his ankle. Small traces of blood could be seen slowly seeping out of the wound, only to disappear as his bones repaired themselves. i̶̶t̶ ̶w̶̶o̶̶u̶̶l̶̶d̶̶n̶̶t̶ ̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶̶c̶̶a̶̶r̶ ̶r̶̶i̶̶g̶̶h̶̶t̶? ̶c̶̶a̶̶l̶̶m̶ ̶d̶̶o̶̶w̶̶n̶, ̶c̶̶a̶̶l̶̶m̶ ̶d̶̶o̶̶w̶̶n̶, ̶b̶̶r̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶h̶, ̶c̶̶a̶̶n̶̶t̶ ̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶̶e̶̶p̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶ ̶o̶̶f̶ ̶l̶̶a̶̶s̶̶t̶ ̶t̶̶i̶̶m̶̶e̶, ̶b̶̶r̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶h̶, ̶1̶,̶2̶,̶3̶, ̶i̶̶n̶̶h̶̶a̶̶l̶̶e̶, ̶e̶̶x̶̶h̶̶a̶̶l̶̶e̶ He just had to trip on air and let himself get bitten?

Why must his memory fail him now? The wound had healed on its own, but whatever disease or virus the cursed cow had brought with it had most likely already entered his system. i̶̶t̶̶s̶ ̶g̶̶o̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶ ̶t̶̶a̶̶i̶̶n̶̶t̶ ̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶ ̶m̶̶a̶̶g̶̶i̶̶c̶, ̶h̶̶e̶'̶l̶̶l̶ ̶b̶̶e̶ ̶i̶̶m̶̶p̶̶e̶̶r̶̶f̶̶e̶̶c̶̶t̶

Immortality keeps you from dying and aging; it doesn't keep you from getting sick.

He’ll just pray to the server owner that his firewall will keep it away. ̴i̴̴g̴̴n̴̴o̴̴r̴̴i̴̴n̴̴g̴ ̴t̴̴h̴̴e̴ ̴f̴a̴̴c̴̴t̴ ̴t̴̴h̴a̴̴t̴ ̴t̴̴h̴̴e̴ ̴c̴̴u̴̴r̴̴s̴̴e̴̴d̴ ̴t̴̴h̴̴i̴̴n̴̴g̴ ̴w̴a̴̴s̴ ̴̴m̴̴ade from his own mag̴̴i̴̴c̴ a̴̴n̴̴d̴ ̴t̴̴h̴̴e̴ ̴f̴̴i̴̴r̴̴e̴̴w̴a̴̴l̴̴l̴ ̴w̴̴o̴̴u̴̴l̴̴d̴ ̴m̴̴o̴̴s̴̴t̴ ̴l̴̴i̴̴k̴̴e̴̴l̴̴y̴ ̴l̴̴e̴̴t̴ ̴̴i̴̴t̴.

He keeps his head up, focusing on his breathing. ̶D̶̶e̶̶s̶̶p̶̶e̶̶r̶̶a̶̶t̶̶l̶̶e̶̶y̶ ̶t̶̶r̶̶y̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶ ̶t̶̶o̶ ̶k̶̶e̶̶e̶̶p̶ ̶h̶̶i̶̶m̶̶s̶̶e̶̶l̶̶f̶ ̶f̶̶r̶̶o̶̶m̶ ̶s̶̶p̶̶i̶̶r̶̶a̶̶l̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶ ̶l̶̶i̶̶k̶̶e̶ ̶l̶̶a̶̶s̶̶t̶ ̶t̶̶i̶̶m̶̶e̶, ̶h̶̶e̶ ̶c̶̶a̶̶n̶̶t̶ ̶b̶̶e̶ ̶v̶̶u̶̶l̶̶n̶̶e̶̶r̶̶a̶̶b̶̶l̶̶e̶ ̶̶a̶̶g̶̶a̶̶in. t̶̶h̶̶e̶ ̶l̶̶a̶̶s̶̶t̶ ̶t̶̶i̶̶m̶̶e̶ ̶w̶̶a̶̶s̶ ̶s̶̶u̶̶c̶̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶̶h̶̶a̶̶m̶̶e̶̶f̶̶u̶̶l̶ ̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶ ̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶ ̶a̶̶n̶ ̶a̶̶d̶̶m̶̶i̶̶n̶ ̶l̶̶i̶̶k̶̶e̶ ̶h̶̶i̶̶m̶̶s̶̶e̶̶l̶̶f̶.

Killer steps into view; he pats away the dirt of his glove as he approaches. “There you are, Crossy! "He smiles. "Man, that was scary, huh? "Killer's grin falters a bit as he watches Cross; he kneels beside the other, meeting his eye level. “You doing alright, bud? "

Cross nods. ̶o̶̶f̶ ̶c̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶s̶̶e̶ ̶h̶̶e̶̶s̶ ̶a̶̶l̶̶r̶̶i̶̶g̶̶h̶̶t̶, ̶h̶̶e̶ ̶c̶̶a̶̶n̶̶t̶ ̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶n̶̶g̶ ̶a̶̶s̶ ̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶ ̶p̶̶h̶̶a̶̶s̶̶e̶ ̶h̶̶i̶̶m̶, ̶h̶̶e̶̶s̶ ̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶ ̶a̶̶d̶̶m̶̶i̶̶n̶ ̶f̶̶o̶̶r̶ ̶F̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶! He catches his breath. “Can we go now? "He asked in a hushed tone. ̶w̶̶h̶̶y̶ ̶d̶̶o̶̶e̶̶s̶ ̶h̶̶e̶ ̶s̶̶o̶̶u̶̶n̶̶d̶ ̶s̶̶o̶ ̶w̶̶e̶̶e̶̶k̶?

“Of course," the killer nods and gets up; he looks cross-up and down. “Do you want a change of clothes? "He asked, pointing to Cross’s outfit. "Yah, I don't like getting dirty, right? Those are kind of... well, killer stop for a bit. How was he supposed to word this without setting the other one off? “...not so…clean? "