Ch 23 Burns and Ghosts

Aga 23

He can feel his body burning hotter the longer he lay in bed.

Now he remembers the virus that the demon cow had.

The virus was meant to burn you slowly from the inside, heat up your magic to the point that it melts your bones/flesh, and you die a slow and painful death.

Worse part is that there isn't even a cure for this virus, heck, he can't even remember how he made his virus; how is he supposed to make a cure for it?!

Luckily for him, he can't die. However, he did feel quite weak. He forced his body into overworking itself to get rid of the virus. It's quite hard, though, seeing as his healing magic and firewalls couldn't recognize the virus as a threat but instead thought of it as a natural part of his magic due to it being made from his own pure magic.

It's tricky to get rid of, but it's not that hard. It was more of a hassle on his end. He just needed to focus, that's all. Maybe he should do it when his body is asleep.

"Yeah," he thought to himself as he closed his eyes and slowly drifted to sleep, focusing his magic on getting rid of the pesky thing threatening to invade his systems.

It was working at a steady pace, just a few more hours, and he could get rid of it completely and enhance his defenses...then suddenly a knock on his door interrupts his process, causing him to go back to the beginning.

He groaned as he sat up, leaning on one arm. "What?" He spat. His brows furrowed in annoyance.

A quiet voice, so quiet that most people would have a hard time hearing it, responded. "Boss wants everyone in the throne room in ten."

Cross sighed, this one...it's...what was his name? Murder? Dust?...Murder dust? Doesn't matter, it's the creepy one who stares into people's souls.

"Cross?" Dust said, a little louder.

"I know, I know, I'm coming, give me a sec." Cross groaned as he got off the bed. He was so hot, everything is so hot, why now?

He took off his jacket and folded it neatly on the bed. It's so hot, stupid virus, stupid nightmare calling, now he has to wait until later to get rid of it!

He moved to his closet and picked out a black sleeveless top. It's too hot to wear a sweater; his shorts would do.

He got dressed and thought about his gloves. Without the long sleeves, his body was more exposed to the dirt in the multiverse. He remembers that nightmare also gave him some long gloves. Maybe he should wear those instead of the short ones, but if he does, he'll be hot again.

He can either stay cool or stay clean.

He chose to stay clean.

He put on the gloves and went out the door.

He was surprised to find Dust still standing there, arguing with his phantom brother.

"You were waiting for me?" Cross asked as he closed the door.

Dust flinched in surprise, "yeah..." he spoke quietly. "Wanted to get to know you..."

"That right brother!" Ghost pap cheered. "Get close and then STAB HIM. FIND HIS WEAKNESS AND STAB HIM."

Dust winced a bit, hoping Cross wouldn't notice. "Shut up," he whispers to Pap, "I'm not stabbing him."

"YOU MUST! THE MORE XP, THE BET-"

Cross snapped his fingers, and in a matter of seconds, the ghost shut up, unable to open its mouth. "That's nice," Cross smiled at Dust.

Dust's eyes widened at the sudden quiet, his eye lights moved subtly to stare at his brother who just floated behind him with his mouth shut. He wondered what got him to shut up but he was grateful; he could actually have a decent conversation without voices in his head for once.

"Should we get going?" Cross gestured to the hallway. "We can talk on the way." He smiled. "What was your name again?...was it umm...murder?"

Dust nodded as they walked. "It used to be...I go by dust now."

'The original Dustale Sans name is Murder; this one is dust,' Cross thought to himself and nodded. "Well then, nice to meet you Dust."

"Knife to meet you too Cross," Dust snickered as he held out his hand.

Ah, puns. Dear server owner, why did the original classic Sans have to have such bad puns? Now every Sans has bad puns.

Cross shook his hand but was startled by a farting sound. He let go of Dust's hand. "Seriously?" he shook his head with a sigh.

Dust laughed softly, "whoopee cushion in the hand trick, always works, never gets old." Ah, when was the last time he got to joke around like this without Phantom Paps screaming in his ears? It felt...refreshing.

Ghost Pap shivered in anger; he wanted to yell but he couldn't speak. Instead, he glared at Cross. Just who was he? How is he able to silence him this easily? Even Nightmare had a hard time, but he just did it so easily! He flinched in fear and hid behind Dust when Cross returned his glare.

He could see him.

Cross turned back to Dust with a smile, "I don't know, bud, maybe you should try something else, something more—" he smirks "ORIGINAL, instead of just sticking to the, CLASSIC."

"PFFT—" Dust giggles, "maybeee." He takes a deep breath; he wanted to ask something but realized that they were already at the doors to the throne room.

The little talk ended happily as they walked in and lined up next to the others.

It would be nice if the mission went on without a single word from Paps.

"Ah, you're here," Nightmare perked up from his throne. "Dust, thank you for bringing Cross." He turned to Cross and Killer. "I know that you two must be tired, but this is urgent."

The room went quite and cold as they waited for Nightmare's next words.

Cross hopes that it would be quick; it was getting uncomfortably hot, and he could feel the virus getting worse.

"Error called, earlier this morning he and Fresh went out to cause some chaos in some musical AU. The stars found out, and they got themselves sucked into the chaos they created." He sighed. "They're requesting for backup; apparently, it's not only the stars that are after them but also the AU's royal guard and some volunteering citizens." He rubbed his forehead. "This is why we don't cause trouble in musical AUs; they get incredibly angry and annoying when you interrupt the party."

Cross sighed internally; his sweet little parasite was involved in this. It was definitely not going to be a quick mission.

"Is everyone ready?" Nightmare asked as he opened up a portal to the AU. "Let's go."

As they stepped into the portal, Cross could feel his magic getting hotter to the point that he worries it might affect his magic abilities.

Why is it that in every mission, something always goes wrong with him?

------------------

quality bonding time with dust bunny

-lunaria