CH 11 Vulnerability

Aga 11

Error opened his eyes only to close them again as he was blinded by the lights. Slowly, he opened them again, relief washed over him as he realized that he wasn't in the static-filled world anymore.

He tries to remember what happened, his head feels cloudy and his entire body is exhausted, he doesn't wanna move, he can't move, he feels like he just took a nap after passing out from sleep deprivation.

Slowly, the memories come in, he vaguely remembers talking to Cross, trying to check his soul then suddenly he found himself in a place filled with noise, screams, and static.

Never in his lifetime did he think that there could be a much worse place than the antivoid.

He stares at the ceiling, he puts a hand on his chest. He feels his soul pounding so hard, it might break his ribs. Even though he felt weirdly calm, his soul wasn't and that says a lot about his current state.

Shouldn't he be crashing right now? After everything that he went through in that awful void of static surely there would be a painful reboot initiated by now.

His thoughts weigh on his soul, making it pump harder in a panic, making it hard for error to breathe. He coughs and punches his ribcage.

Just as he felt that he was about to suffocate. A cooling surge of magic entered his system from his other hand and went into his soul. Slowly, his soul slowed down, coming to a calm pulse and he could breathe easier.

He looked down at his palm, Wondering where the magic came from, it certainly wasn't his as he didn't have healing magic.
His eyes widen in curiosity and surprise as he realizes that he is clutching onto something. He didn't realize he was holding on to something when he woke up. He opened his fist, and in his palm was a ball of magic. His eyes widened, it wasn't just any ball of magic, it was a healing ball, a very rare and expensive healing item. Was this preventing him from crashing? He felt grateful for however left this with him but was it really helping him? Healing magic doesn't work on him so how was this thing different?

He wanted to know so he took the risk. He sat up and let go of the ball, dropping it on the sheets.

What an awful mistake.

Immediately he fell back on the bed, clutching his head in pain as a head ache hit him like a building fell on him.

He screamed in pain, his body glitching horribly. He trashed about, accidentally kicking the ball and it fell on the bed.

His glitches got worse and covered his entire body, his voice so glitched out it sounded worse than gibberish.

Tears fell down his sockets as he clutched on to his head, his nails dug deep into his skull causing it to bleed.

Someone pulled one of his hands away from his skull.

Just as he was about to crash from the pain. Everything stopped.

The pain, the glitches, and the nail marks on his skull.

All gone.

He let go of his head, and opened his eyes slowly. With teary eyes he looked up and saw a pink blur.

He blinked, trying to get his vision to come back into focus. There, he saw fresh with his signature cheeky grin. He looked at his hand, Fresh held his hand, the healing ball in between their palms.

Fresh turned errors hand, opening up his palm. He put the healing ball in the center and Closed errors fingers.

Error squeezed the ball in his fist, as if his life depends on it.