AGA 19: Trip around the Multiverse

"Aga 19: Trip around the multiverse.
Or TATM for short. (1st stop, Farmtale)
This little arc, is gonna last for a few chapters.

-Lunaria

Cross held the list with confusion on his face. They were sending him shopping? The list was incredibly long, and every item was to be acquired from multiple Aus. Not that it was a problem; he could just take the easy way out by creating everything when the others weren't looking, but still… they're sending him shopping?

That's just weird.

“Cross, are you listening?” Nightmares snapped his fingers in front of him.

Cross jolted up, biting his lip. He was supposed to be paying attention; he felt like he was losing his grip. “No…” As much as he hated to admit it, he's been feeling more relaxed around the group, enough for him to put his guard down and loosen up the admin act.

He swears the longer he stays here, the more he’ll lose his grip on himself.

Nightmare sighed. “I said to take Killer with you.”

Cross stared at Nightmare directly in the eyes. “Why?”

“Because…we need him out of here,” said Nightmare. “Horror, Dust, and I have something to do, and I doubt he's going to be helpful.”

“Why can't I help?”

Nightmare shook his head. “You're not going to like it…besides…you're going to need help with all of those.”

“Why don't you come with me then?”

A faint cyan glow made its way onto Nightmare’s cheek before he shook his head. “I can't. Just…take Killer with you…maybe you'll get to know each other? He's not that bad once you learn how to tolerate him properly.”

Cross sighed. “Fine.” Now that Killer's coming along, he can't just cheat his way out by making the items. He sighed again; well, there goes his plan. He put the list in his back pocket. He looked up, trying to think on the bright side. He might as well use this opportunity to see how far the multiverse had gone during the time he wasn't paying attention to it.

Cross huffed. “Where's Killer anyway?” he asked, looking around the room. He found no sign of the black-eyed skeleton.

“Right here, Criss-Cross,” a voice said from behind him. He turned around and saw Killer leaning against the wall, a wide grin on his face as he balanced his knife on one finger. “We going now?”

Nightmare nodded and opened a portal right beside Cross. “There, Killer has a portal opener, so just tell him where you need to go.”

Cross blinked twice. “Portal opener?...”

Killer walked over to Cross, this time avoiding being too close for once. “Not everyone can open Au portals, Criss-Cross,” he said, bringing a black device from his pocket. “Only gods like Boss or Error can do it. For us, we have to use these things. Not everyone has them, though.”

Cross raised a brow. He knows that normal mortals aren't able to travel the multiverse, but he had never once thought that they would find a way to do so.

How fascinating.

Nightmare nodded. “End your trip at Fluffytale by 4:00 pm; I'll pick you up there.” His shoulders relaxed, and he gave a small smile. “If you finish earlier, then you can enjoy your time and do whatever.”

Cross took a deep breath. “Still, why—”

“Come on, Criss-Cross!” Killer interrupted by grabbing him by the hood and pulling him into the portal. The portal closed behind them.