A cuddly Christmas

CM special,

Somewhere in the future...

Cross sat on his bed, staring down at the gift on his lap. Looking around, he was surrounded by many gifts, all from those who cared about him.

He might have appeared a bit insensitive with his reactions when he received these gifts, but he couldn't help it. The moment they gave him the gifts, he was just so... shocked? Dumbfounded? Surprised? Honestly, he couldn't tell what he was feeling; he was overwhelmed by the emotions running through him that he just went blank on the outside.

Slowly, he held the ribbon in his hand and gently removed it along with the wrapping paper.

It was easy to tell which gift was from who, even without a tag.

Twin daggers from Killer.

A journal from Dust.

An album filled with pictures of the times they spent with the gang from Horror.

A fluffy sweater from Error.

A box of '90s comic books from Fresh, alongside a note that says, "educate yourself on the rad stuff pops!"

A charm bracelet from Blue.

A knife pin from Chara.

And lastly, a simple black and red jeweled necklace from Nightmare.

He pulled out his locket; the necklace used to hold the heart-shaped locket had grown quite old, and the necklace from Nightmare would be a perfect replacement.

He gripped the heart-shaped locket; he had only received two gifts in his life. Both coming from the server owner, one was the locket, and two was the multiverse itself.

Would it be okay if he replaced the necklace? The server owner only gave the pendant, after all.

A knock on the door interrupts his thoughts. Before he could even ask who it was, the door opened, revealing the gang – well, minus Error; Fresh had dragged him off somewhere to celebrate, he does that every year apparently.

“Good evening, Cross,” Nightmare greeted with a smile as he used his tentacles to get the others out of the way.

“Crossy!” Killer chimed, laying upside down in Nightmare's tentacles, holding up a box. “I got chocolates!”

Dust smiled as he was let down. “Hey.”

Cross blinked and tilted his head to the side. “What are you guys doing here?”

Nightmare took a seat on the right side, next to Cross in the edge of the bed, and dropped Killer in the middle. “Just checking.”

Cross felt the left side on the bed dip. He turned and saw Horror, sitting next to him.

“You... doing good?” Horror asked. “You seem a bit... down... during the party.”

Ah, he had worried them, what an idiot he was.

“I'm fine... I was just...” he looked down but then smiled. “I was just thinking of how to repay you, that's all... I didn't get you any gifts.”

“That's fine,” Dust spoke, taking a seat right in front of Cross. “You didn't know what Christmas is, so you're forgiven.”

“Yup, yup!” Killer got up and put the chocolate down on Cross’s desk. “But you know...” he smiles as he walks up to the closet. “There is one more thing we like to do during Christmas…”

“Hmm, what's that?” Cross asked, not noticing how the others moved closer to him on the bed.

“Well...” Killer opened the closet and took out a blanket. “First, is this blanket enough for you?”

“Well, yeah,” Cross tilted his head. “I cleaned it my-”

Before Cross could even finish the sentence, the blanket was thrown at him, blocking out his vision. He tried to get out, but suddenly more weight piled onto him.

His head was then freed from its captivity, and the first thing he saw was Dust’s rare smile. “You doing okay, Chris?”

Cross lifted his head up a little to get a better look at his surroundings. Nightmare is on his right side, leaning his head against his rib cage. Horror on his left, his arm tucked under Cross’s head, letting Cross use it as a pillow. Killer and Dust sandwiched between the two, which meant they lay on top of him.

Cross’s brows furrowed, “are you guys trying to suffocate me?”

This earned a couple of snickers and giggles from the others. “No, my dear,” Nightmare said, snuggling more to get himself more comfortable.

“It's called a cuddle pile, Crossy,” Killer said as he snuggled underneath Cross’s neck, purring a little bit.

He felt Horror stroke his head. “you... never been... cuddle before?” Horror asked, but his tone made it known that he wasn't expecting an answer.

Dust purred quietly as he snuggled in the others' warmth.

Cross stared at the ceiling; here he was, admin of the multiverse, stuck underneath this thing called a cuddle pile.

He sighs; he could throw them all off him easily if he wanted to, but he had to admit... it was nice.

He closed his eyes with a smile; well, this wasn't so bad... if it means that there will be more moments like these, then... maybe... he'll keep this game running for a little while longer... and stay with them.

Bonus:

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSNGjCRdf/

Wattpad does not import tiktok vids (no normal vids too) apperantly. I swear the amount of issues I find with Wattpad is starting to pile up real high.

That video is made by yours truly
-lunaria