"𝔾𝕖𝕥 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕥."

Dodging a thrown plate to the head, Kazutora ran around the corner, trying to get away from

Dodging a thrown plate to the head, Kazutora ran around the corner, trying to get away from... this.. This, thing—!

At first it was a mother that wished to protect her son from the wrathful fists of a father..

But when the mother asked her son if he was on her side, something snapped in his mind.

His eyes wavered at the strained smile on her lips, the delirious look of hope that shone in her eyes. Like she had already won the race and has something to use against the father.

Is that what he is?

Something to shield the mother with?

Just an object to use and not cherish?

"Why do you ask such a thing...?" He had asked the mother.

And that was when the strained smile grew sinister... Something... Corrupted. Like a a hand had a play in this. The cord to this woman's sanity had just been thwarted just in front of this boy's eyes. And what he saw wasn't a mother anymore.

It was something far more nefarious and dangerous.

The mother was broken.

She had become just as broken as the father.

All Kazutora saw a stranger. A hazardous stranger who is just in arm's length from him.

"Kazutora~." The stranger could only smirk in a spine-chilling manner. Her hands shifted in his vision, grotesque-looking, reaching out to him like she had found her favorite toy from childhood.

Kazutora despised how his name had rung off her tongue like so, "Don't say my name—!"

He let out a strangled gag. The stranger had grabbed hold of his neck, an unpleasant scowl painted on her lips, "L-let—!" He gripped her wrist as tightly as he could and kicked at her stomach.

The stranger staggered back, holding onto her stomach in welling pain, "You little snot-nosed—!" She shrieked, turning her void like gaze upon him.

Kazutora flinched and did the only thing he could do.

He dipped.

Scrambling up to his feet, took a moment because of the socks he still had on, Kazutora rushed out of the living room and down the hall.

The loud thuds of the stranger was clearly heard over his raging heartbeat. The entire time he felt his teeth grinding together in pure terror.

His eyes frantically looking to any exit that was available. The windows, bared shut, the front door, something he could work with.

But once he's out, what does he do?

Call the police? No. They'll never believe the word of a child over a parent.

Call his friends? But then they would get involved in unnecessary drama. This is something that only he can control.

Call Baji? No he doesn't need to bring him in his shenanigans again like last time. They could get arrested for real this time.