Ch. ¹

—A B U S I V E  C O N T E N T ⚠️

Honeysia P.O.V

"Why the fuck are you late?" He asked as I stepped into the house.

Talking like you're my daddy or something.

I shrieked back a little without realizing what I was doing.

"I-I was tutoring someone in class." I responded.

He chuckled darkly, "You? Tutoring? Do you think I'm a fool?"

Definitely.

"Joshua, I'm really tired okay? I'm not in the mood tonight." I warned as I stepped pass him, going into the house.

"I'm going out for a couple minutes and I need dinner by the time I'm back, got it?"

What am I? His maid or something?

I stopped and turned to him, "Did you not hear what I just said? I'm tired. Weren't you home all day? Couldn't you cook something yourself?"

Before I could blink, he ran up to me and grip my hair in his hands, holding my head backwards. "The fuck did you just say to me?"

Shit.

"Let me go Josh, I mean it!" I say but he only gripped it tighter.

"Don't test my patience tonight, dear wife and didn't I tell you to stop wearing those short skirts like a slut?" He gritted out as he pushed me away and my head hit right into the wall, making me groan.

Damn him.

Joshua Reed, my husband.

I'm so happy that I kept my last name instead of his and I'm grateful for that.

Believe it or not, it wasn't always like this. There was a time when he was my favorite person.

I mean, he isn't the type to open doors or give flowers and those things- but he was there for me through everything when my dad and mom passed away.

They died in a car accident and that was the same week I met Joshua. He saved me from a group of drunken men that was bothering me and we became friends after that.

Then I was put into a foster home and that didn't turn out well at all.

I knew him when I was 14 and he was 19. I had a crush on him the first day when I saw him.