Ch. ³⁷

Aleksander P

Aleksander P.O.V

"Hi... Dad." I muttered as I entered the house he was staying in all this time.

He nodded at me, "Hi son."

It was weird that I didn't picked up that he was indeed my real dad when he visited me at the station because he could pass for my twin.

We looked exactly alike, with our green eyes.

Well except the fact that he has some grey hair now.

Our names are also similar, Aleksander and Alexander.

Atleast my mom did something right, I scoff to myself.

"I came to see how you were doing?" I said lowly.

He laughs slightly, "Did you mean Honeysia sent you to see how I was doing?"

I looked away guiltily, because he was indeed right about that one.

My wife did forced me out of the house to come see him again and it makes me feel like I really hadn't forgiven him like I thought I did.

If I had, someone wouldn't have to force me to come here.

I think my mind is trying to forecfully forgive him only because he has cancer with only months left to live.

I'm afraid time is running out on me to forgive him.

This shit is hard as hell.

"Don't worry, that's okay. I don't feel bad about it, even I know you'll need more time to fully forgive me." Dad stated as we sat on the couch.

His home was so sweet and welcoming, I feel peaceful everytime I come in here.

I looked at him before snapping, "But that's the problem, there's no time! We don't have time, it's running out dad."

He chuckles, "We have a whole three months son, I have three months to make you forgive me and I assure you I'll work hard towards it."

"Stop saying it like that." I murmured, hate hearing when he talks about how many months are left.

Just when I found my real dad, I'm about to lose him soon. Thinking about it, now I understood why he never came into my life when he found out.

The feeling I'm getting right now, is the feeling I would've gotten ten times worse if I had gotten too close to him, if we had known each other years ago.

And this feeling is bad, I wouldn't want to know the feeling I would've gotten if we were too close with eachother.

"I'll make every second counts, I just don't want you to get too close to me so that when the time comes for me to d—"

I cut him off and changed the subject immediately, I can't just talk about this right now.

I have faith deep down that he's gonna survive this bullshit cancer. I even started praying these days, something I had only ever done twice in all my life.