Chapter 6 | Judgement is Passed

What god decided this cruelty was okay?

Lily was left to tremble and whimper at the surveying eyes of Vor and Aun, who scrutinized her appearance warily.

At this point, Vor had began to walk around her. She pursed her lips, thinking, as she'd eye her from head to toe. If it were a better situation, she would've thought she was checking her out.

"So," The woman's deep voice sounded from behind her, "You truly remember nothing?"

Lily frowned, raising her hands and rubbing her arms. She was beginning to sweat and get too hot under her winter clothing. "No..." The delicate woman shook her head. "I don't remember much to anything."

She watches the woman appeared in her vision, stepping out from behind her. 

Vor stepped so close to her, Lily was nearly pressed against her chest. Glaring down, lowering her head to her ear, she'd whisper.

"Bullshit."

Her trembling worsened. "I-" She whimpered, "I truly remember nothing." Lily whispered back.

Vor scoffed. Clearly, nothing Lily could say would convince her otherwise.

Just as the woman was about to scrutinize her further, a large hand planted itself on Vor's shoulder. The muscular Ek flinched violently, eyes widening as she'd whip her head to look over her shoulder.
A much taller man stood behind her, but definitely not as tall as the cloaked stranger. He had long black hair, pieces of hair tied into braids to create a Nordic viking haircut and a short and clean black beard.

His eyes were cornflower blue, bright compared to his dark hair.

Lily noticed that in the background, Aun had folded his arms behind his back and bowed his head. Vor gritted her teeth and scratched her neck, "... Good morning." She muttered.

He rumbled with a chuckle. Vor muttered nonsense and finally stepped away.

The man was intimidating, but he was much more friendly then Vor. The taller male offered a hand to Lily, "Baldur Fyrstr, Aðal of the tribe." He'd introduce.
[Alpha.]

Lily beamed. Finally, a nice person! She was beginning to worry Zisa would be the only nice person here. She also noticed that she was right earlier- the leader was in fact known as the Alpha.

"My name is Lily!" She'd beam, "Oh, well, not really-"

Baldur couldn't help but laugh, his laugh hearty and loud. "Don't worry, I heard about your amnesia." He'd say.

"That's actually why you're here."

She tilted her head, which only made the Aðal grin. "We're here to pass judgement." 

The raising of the hand of Vor made him turn his gaze, Lily noticing it in her peripheral. She seemed to always speak out of turn, but Baldur's presence made her far more respectful.

"She's suspicious." Vor explained, "I believe she is lying about her amnesia. We shouldn't trust her."

Aun's bland voice sounded.

"I agree."

... What? 

Lily glanced at the man with parted lips, shocked that he was against her. While she only met him today, Aun hadn't voiced his suspicions or proven he disliked her. She just assumed he was a man with a cold exterior.
He stares at her blankly, monotone voice matching his eyes. Nothing on his expression could be readable, his words as hard to understand as his expression. She felt a sense of betrayal from his disbelief in her predicament. 

Once again, Baldur laughed out loud. It felt different, though.

She couldn't understand if he found this funny, or if he saw her truth as silly lies.

"Well, whatever you may think." He'd sigh, ridding of his cackles yet still smiling. His eyes glanced down at her, studying her, before she'd notice yellow swarm in them. They swirled in his blue irises.

Baldur hummed.

"She's staying."