Chapter 30 | Pleading to be Saved

"Wait, wait!"

"Wait, wait!"

Zisa had arrived, flailing her arms and getting in between Hodur and Vor. "Let's uh- let's not start killing each other..." She chuckled nervously.

Selene sighed, incredibly glad to see a friendly face. "Zisa." She'd whimper, "Can you help me?"

The golden-eyed woman looked at her with pity, adverting her gaze and stepping into the crowd.

Betrayal seeped into her heart, her expression falling into shock and horror.

She really betrayed her.

Hodur was snarling, the only man between Selene and the crowd of angry tribesmen. This was her first time meeting the elder, but he defended her with his life.

"She's why the children are terrified!" The Ek would hiss, "All the schools, special events, and playgrounds are empty because of what is roaming outside!"

If she brings up...

"Lily lured that weird fucking man onto tribe land!"

...Does she understand the word 'victim'?

Hodur scoffed, "Her name is Selene, uttháw'!" The elderly man yelled. A few werebears in the group stepped away, nervous by the implications of that.
[Asshole!]

She stepped forward, "I-I don't know who the weird man is!" The terrified platinum-haired woman would say, "He tried to kill me in the woods- but-"

"So he IS after you!" Vor would exclaim, cutting her off.

Selene nearly felt ready to snap. Vor was being unreasonable at every turn, enough to piss off a gentle woman like her. That's definitely an achievement.

The Gamall is equally fed up. "I demand you respect her!" He spat, "She is the Moon Goddess and deserves proper treatment!" Hodur would exclaim, gesturing to the trembling woman. She definitely wasn't a goddess- but she'd appreciate anything that helps at this point.
The Ek simply scoffed. Aun would appear amongst the werebears, pushing past to stand next to Zisa. The two knew how Baldur felt about the situation, but they were here in support of Vor anyway. Selene held her head as her eyes got cloudy.

This tribe had some really bad hierarchy issues.

Vor gestured for the three men chasing her earlier to get Hodur out of the way. The elderly man tried to stand his ground, but he was outmatched in numbers.

They grabbed the Gamall and pushed him out of the way- knocking over some mugs of tea. They smashed onto the floor, shattering while steaming liquid stained the floors. The loud crashing noises and fighting men definitely didn't help with Selene's panic.

Vor harshly grabbed the woman's arms, yanking her forward and hissing in her face.

Selene began to flail and scream, "N-No!" She howls, "Stop! Stop! Help!" She kicked and punched, fighting for her life like a cornered rat.

The Ek's face scrunched up in a scowl as she had to avoid her punches.

There wasn't anyone here on her side. The people she trusted turned against her, and she probably couldn't trust Heidrun or Eir anymore. Selene was left to her own devices.

Except... for the cloaked man.

He's proven, time and time again, that he is on her side. It didn't matter what anyone else said- he protected her with his life.

"Help!" She screamed, continuing to flail as Vor began to drag her out of the living room. She didn't know his name- she couldn't scream for him to rescue her. Selene was left to her own devices.

The man had talked to her like she already knew his name but forgot. She knew him before her amnesia.

She was searching for anything at this point—any connection or clue. 

Her name was Selene. While she didn't believe it, Hodur constantly exclaimed that she was the Moon Goddess.

If she were the Moon Goddess- then that means Ullr is her husband.

It was all she had.

"ULLR!" Selene desperately screamed, kicking at Vor and briefly getting out of her grasp. 

She fell to the ground, her body aching from the fall, but she hurriedly began crawling further into the cottage. To her dismay, Aun would grab her ankles and yank her back. "ULLR! ULLR!" She kept screaming with her eyes squeezed shut.

"ULLR!"

With tears in her eyes, the woman's eyes shot open when loud bangs, snaps, and horrid screams roared around her.

The walls broke open like sheets of paper...

And a demonic, enraged shriek made her ears ring.