Chapter 29 | And her Name was Selene

The name Selene was frighteningly familiar

It was almost as if her soul finally opened its eyes, things becoming clearer. 

The objects she didn't recognize finally told her what they were. Not everything was immediately solved, but being told her name was Selene awakened... a lot.

"Selene..." The amnesiac woman muttered, furrowing her brows in thought. "That... Yes. That's my name."

Hodur looked incredibly confused as he watched her mutter to herself.

"But..." The woman looked up at him, conflicted, "I'm not a goddess?"

He relaxed his shoulders, staring at her and studying her expression. "This... explains a lot." He lifted his hand and scratched his beard in thought, "No wonder The Hunt has been so lackluster..."

Lackluster? She furrowed her brows as Hudor motioned for her to come further into the home. "Here, let me pour you a cup of tea."

"Uh-" Selene looked over her shoulder as she followed him, unaware of the men after her.

They wouldn't break into the elder's home, right?

She slowly sat down on a cushioned chair. Pelts were on each seat, and it was easy to tell they were real.

He was quick to begin pouring a mug of tea. "For a while, The Hunt was been... quite futile." He explained, "We've begun celebrating successful hunts more often because they don't happen often."

This was great and all, but she was biting her lip in nervous anticipation. She was literally hiding for her life right now.

"Something happened to Ullr." He concluded, standing up with the mug of tea, "And I think it started with you."

Ullr was the god of the hunt- but what did that have to do with her? Selene was beginning to feel stupid.

"He lost his passion." Hodur sighed, offering her a mug of tea.

Politely, she declined it by pushing it away. "I'm afraid I... don't understand, sir." From the look on his face, that obviously worried him beyond an extent. "I'd love to know more, but- my life is currently at stake."
The Gamall set the mug on the coffee table. "What curse could be this horrible...?" He whispered. She felt so overwhelmed- tears beginning to brim at the bowl of her eyes. "I- I just... you're not making sense, and those men chasing me should've been here by now-" She'd rant.

As if she had just ushered the final words to a ritual, the front door to the cabin was kicked in.

The elder flinched, whipping his head toward the entryway. "Ts'krtltl áhd hud tling?!" He'd exclaim. The three men, accompanied by others, thundered in through the doorway with scowling expressions.
[What are you doing?!]

"Echo! Ulé' dzi!" A familiar, deep feminine voice roared.
[Elder! Back away!]

"Ts'krtltl tth'nįtrą!" Hodur spat, curling his lip up angrily. "Hud hut'awa dek'án Gamall, shra echo!"
[What disrespect!] - [You call me Gamall, not Elder!]

A few tribe members tensed at the man's exclamation, either bowing their heads respectfully or looking away.

"łotng hό' myke łint'i näntsén!" The Gamall threatened, his claws sharpening and enlarging.
[Breaking in makes for punishment!]

Just when she thought things couldn't get worse, the feminine voice showed herself to be Vor.

The woman scoffed, "łät ts'etsän dr, gálin shaan!"
[Snuff it, old man!]

Hodur was clearly enraged by her disrespect. Selene was shocked, turn by turn, by her clear disregard for people more powerful than her- she doesn't care about consequences.

"Uyéłák..." The elder breathed out, clenching his fists.
[My friend...]

"Kw'ddh h'é'ųm hud Ts'krtltl tln ihyááhodhät mé' dán ut'th."
[I'll show you what an angry soldier can do.]

]