Chapter 7 | Amnesia's Consequence

Shocked silence wavered through the room

Baldur snickers before shoving his large hands into his pelt pockets and turning to leave.

"Why?!" Vor would exclaim, waving her hands around. 

Aun was next, "What is your reason?" He'd ask quickly, just as confused.

The man opened the meeting room door, "I'm glad this meeting was short," He'd say, looking over his shoulder, "I have plenty of things to do today- it's nice to make easy decisions." 

Vor looked appalled, watching the Aðal walk away without a care in the world. "Dickhead!" She spat, losing the respect from earlier. "You're just talking about your wife!"

Zisa snickered, but a glare from the Ek made her tighten her lips.

"Cho'tsén!" The Ek thundered out of the room, clearly not willing to stay there any longer.
[Bullshit!]

Lily rubbed her arms before nervously looking at the twins. 

Aun muttered something under his breath, and Zisa looked at him anxiously. "That was quicker than expected." She would say, trying to ease the tension but to no avail. Her brother was clearly irritated but not as explosive as the woman who had just left.
He glanced up at the two, expression just as unreadable, before sighing and pinching the bridge of his nose. "Let's just head to the Lǽknari." He mumbled, "The quicker we do that, the sooner I can practice archery."

Zisa smiled softly, "Sounds good."

Aun leads the way, but not without muttering, "Dettho Dzun tro..."
[Utter rat piss...]

Oh dear. What has Lily gotten herself into?

The twins didn't need to push through crowds as they parted for the Fjǫrðr with complete respect

The twins didn't need to push through crowds as they parted for the Fjǫrðr with complete respect. Regardless of being third rank, he was still powerful amongst the tribe.

Zisa had quietly comforted Lily along the way, letting her know they were untrusting and wary. "The Tribe rarely receives guests." She had said, which Lily appreciated subtly. It was nice that she cared.

As they left the community building, the trio began to approach a smaller Nordic modern building nearby. It was more secluded, with well-trimmed bushes and trees surrounding it. 

"We're going to see the Lǽknari." The kind woman explained, "Which means healer."

Lily already knew this but didn't think to tell them she understood their language.

Aun opened the tall door to the building, not waiting to keep the door open for the ladies in tow. Like last time, Zisa rolled her eyes and awaited Lily to come in with her. Either Aun lacked manners, or his respect for strangers was minuscule.
The interior was homely decorated, with many medical supplies, supplements, and herbs gathered along shelves and walls. The little waiting room was cute. Aun didn't approach the receptionist, who only had to glance up before nodding in acknowledgment.

Finally, with some respect, he knocked on a door.

After a moment of waiting, in which Lily fidgeted and blew warm air onto her cold hands, the door opened.

A petite young woman revealed herself. She was equal in height to Lily and just as pale. In retrospect, the woman had bright ginger hair tied in a tight braided bun.

Freckles littered her cheeks and shoulders, which were exposed due to her off-shoulder tan sweater. Her pretty green eyes shone with youth, dimples showing as she smiled, "Good morning, Friðr."

Aun shifted his feet, gaze softening. "You can call me Aun..." He'd softly tell her, though it sounded like a reminder.

The woman beamed, "I keep forgetting."

Lily couldn't help but notice Aun get anxious in her presence, yet he held a semblance of peace and calmness. The healer's existence did a mix of calming and riling him up, which was quite cute. Regardless of their bad blood- Lily found she adored seeing love unfold.

The petite woman welcomed them in, the trio crowding the smaller room and closing the door behind them.

She softly grasped Lily's hand, "My name is Eir." She introduced, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Lily smiled, "I'm Lily." She'd say, "Temporarily."

Eir giggled girlishly, "Yes, I was quite intrigued to hear about your condition."

Perhaps amnesia was uncommon?

"And, I can tell you-" Her gaze swept her momentarily.

"That you're completely fine."

Silence enveloped the room. Lily stared at Eir, searching for humor on her face, but she found none. "... What?" She furrowed her brows.

Zisa chuckled nervously, disliking the new mood. "Eir..." She'd start, "She doesn't remember her name, origin, or even race." The twin explained cautiously, "There's no way you can just... pass this off."
The healer sighed, letting go of her hands and returning to sit in her chair. "If her amnesia was that severe, she wouldn't be talking or walking right now." The woman explained, "What you're saying is outside the realm of possible."

Her logic made sense, but Lily felt hurt and unmotivated due to everyone's disbelief.

Aun seemed pleased with this. "Exactly," He said, "But Baldur wants her to stay."

Eir hummed, swaying her feet in her chair, "What Baldur says goes." She huffed, "No one can really tell what that man is thinking. If his wife does- she sure as Loki doesn't like to show it."

Loki? Interesting- she doesn't know that god.

"Besides, I trust that man." She'd nod, making Aun purse his lips, "He can talk to Ullr himself- he definitely knows something we don't."

Zisa beamed, "Absolutely!" She exclaimed, "The moment Baldur saw her- he basically already made up his mind."

Just as the discussion slowed, Lily fidgeted with her thumbs and decided to finally ask.

"Who is Ullr?"