Chapter 19 | Violent Speculations

Sky blue blank eyes gazed on, appearing tired and lazy

Aun covered his mouth with his hand to loudly yawn. It was 5 in the morning when he was abruptly awoken by tribe soldiers about a strange man on their land.

Big balls on those soldiers. Aun was known for being a huge bitch in the morning- so much so that they tend to call him Sleeping Beauty. He tends to operate monotonely and boringly, walking around as if nothing on earth was worth his time.

His twin sister always told him that she hoped he'd meet his mate so he would feel some joy in his life.

He walked through the forest, completely barefoot and only wearing his pajamas. If they were going to wake him up so early- this was the best they would get.

"Have some self-respect." A deep feminine voice spat. Aun stared blankly and rubbed his eyes, "I'm exhausted."

Vor scoffed and rolled her eyes. 

The two finally reached the place where the soldiers found the intruder. Approaching- Aun and Vor would gaze upon a tall man.

It was clear from his scent that he was a werewolf.

His skin was pale and sickly. The man had messy dark brown hair and a stubble growing out. Murky swamp-green eyes gazed at the two- a mysterious malice swarming in them like a swarm of wasps. 
He stood there in a black suit covered in gold buttons and decorations- a cloak hanging from his shoulders. Aun gazed down and noticed him clutching a small, ornate box. It was a dark cherry brown with gold emblems.

"Why are you here?" Vor snarled, resting her hands on her hips. The man eyed her before narrowing them, "I have business with someone on your land."

His voice was deep and grave- something about it made Aun shiver anxiously.

For some reason- he couldn't speak up. His blank expression hid the emotions swarming in his heart. "Who?" Vor demanded.

"That is not for you to know." The stranger would say.

That's a good way to piss Vor off.

Flaring his nostrils- the scent coming from the ornate box wavered through. The stench was disgusting- reminding him of a rotting carcass. Aun's face scrunched up in disgust.

It reeked of gore. What the fuck was in that box?

Aun finally spoke up, "I don't think you should be on our land." He politely would say, indirectly suggesting he leaves.

"We can tear apart a mutt like you in seconds." Vor hammered the point home, gesturing at him with violent motions. "Leave."

With a scoff, the stranger turns around and lumbers into the morning fog.

"Thank you, Eir. Until next time."

Lily left the healer's hut, closing the door behind her. Today was particularly chilly- the crisp air making her nostrils burn.

She had been attending more check-ins with Eir, hopefully trying to uncover more about her past.

There hasn't been much progress, leaving Lily feeling unmotivated and defeated. Most of her self-discovery came from the cloaked man, who has been showering her with gifts daily. He was absolutely adorable.
She discovered that she absolutely loved the taste of moose meat. He has been showing off his cooking prowess, proving he was better than Heidrun. She promised he had no competition- but it seemed something still told him there was.

He even began to gift her handmade clothing. She currently wore a comfortable jacket made from alpaca wool.

"Lily!" A voice called out. She turned to look, watching a blonde, short-haired man wander up to her. "Good morning, Heidrun." She greeted gently.

He smiled at the sound of her voice. "How was your check-in?"

Lily adjusted her jacket, "It was okay." She'd say, though deflating with a grim expression. "I feel a little hopeless, though."

He'd pat her shoulder, making her tense. "Lighten up." He reassured, "You're slowly remembering things- right? Progress is better than no progress."

Heidrun rubbed her back soothingly but only made her think of the cloaked man. He was right- his kisses were perfect at engraining him in her mind. It was hard to forget a man who could make her unravel and beg with little effort.

As Heidrun lowered his hand and opened his mouth to talk- a hand roughly grasped Lily's wrist.

Looking over with a startled gasp, Aun stood there with his hand on her. He appeared tired- but an unexplainable emotion drowned in his bleak eyes.

"You're needed." He rumbled, yanking Lily as he began to walk. "Oh-"

She turned to look at the cook, "Goodbye, Heidrun!" She'd wave, "Sorry!"

He chuckled, "It's alright." He reassured- shoving his hands into his pockets as she got further and further away.

Though, Lily couldn't help but notice his expression slowly shifting into that of worry.

At some point, Aun had let go of her wrist and expected Lily to follow him. She didn't want to suffer his or Vor's wrath, so she followed him. They sped up the stairs, her legs getting wobbly and weak from exhaustion. She needed to exercise more...
Lily noticed he wore an expression of irritation, features slightly scrunched up. It was strange to see Aun wandering around with anything but blankness or tiredness on his face. Finally, they reached the meeting room she had been in once before.

As expected, Vor awaited her in the room. The muscular woman tapped her foot, clearly impatient.

"There she fucking is." The woman spat as the two entered the room. Lily shrank into herself.

Aun glanced at the white-haired woman, "You're a scam." He claimed, "It's clear as day."

Vor scoffed, "What's your goal, huh?"

Lily fidgeted, "To-" She stammered, "To cure my amnesia-"

"BULLSHIT."

It's been a while since she was yelled at. Seems she has a lot to catch up on.

 Seems she has a lot to catch up on