Chapter 39 | A Talk Over Tea

"Thank you

"Thank you." Selene softly smiled as she was given a cup of tea.

Behind a large mansion, they sat at a cute wooden table. Tea was being served to everyone, which was a soothing masala chai.

In Washington, it was chilly, but no snow covered the landscape. She preferred the warmer state, but the sight of fresh snow in the morning was a beauty she'd grown fond of. It made her hair stand out less.

Shifting, she'd look over at her husband. He leaned back in his chair, feet up on the table impolitely.

He was on his second cup of coffee and was in a much better mood because of it.

The muscular woman who had taken them out of the cell was the alpha female- Riot Roi. She was engaged to Cronus Lycoris, who she realized was Argus' brother.

She had no idea that Riot was a Lycan. The poor woman was horrified when Selene told her she didn't remember.

Lycans are werewolves blessed by the Moon Goddess. The human and wolf merge to become bipedal werewolves instead of normal wolves.

"So... Luna is... gone?" A gentle voice asked.

It was River Roi, the Beta Female. She was the cutest little cinnamon role that Selene had ever met, and she'd done nothing but coddle her like a doting mother. Her appearance was similar to Selene's but shorter and chubbier.

"Not forever." Ullr rumbled, finishing his coffee. "Luna is as stubborn as a mule."

Riot snickered, about to say something, but the ruffling of bushes caught the four by surprise.

A man comes clambering out of the woods. He had greyish-tan skin, and the shirtless man was as muscular as a boxer. A black comb-over matched his stubble, which was unshaven but clean. The man's shimmering chocolate eyes stuck out amongst the dark tones.
All that he had was a pair of dark blue jeans. He nearly tripped on his way toward them but skidded to a stop on his now grass-stained jeans. The man stopped before hitting Selene's chair, bowing his head in worship.

He took her hand, "Thank you!" He'd rattle with a deep American accent, "You're amazing, thank you. I'd be nothing without you, my Goddess." The man rambled.

Ullr stood up from his chair, looking over the table at the man with jealousy written across his face.

"Thank you so much for saving my River." He'd kiss her knuckles, "I'd never worship a god as much as I worship you."

Selene had no idea what he was talking about. She took her hand away and patted his head with a nervous smile.

"Fucking idiot." Riot hissed, "She doesn't remember shit, you look like a desperate simp."

River, her younger sister, gently nudged Riot with a frown.

The man quickly stood up, "What?" He had a conflicted expression.

The Alpha female rolled her eyes, "She has a curse that gives her amnesia." She curly described, "Selene remembers jack shit."

"Oh." The man blinked a few times before taking Selene's hand once more and shaking it, "My name is Lucifer, my dear."

Ullr huffed loudly. He had sat back down but was quietly seething.

"Okay, okay-" River waved her hands a bit, "From what I understand... You don't remember the battle with your sister, right?"

Selene's brows furrowed in thought. Lucifer pulled up a chair next to River, lovingly wrapping an arm around her shoulders. The man ran his fingers through her hair as she talked.

Memories flooded into her head like a tsunami. Selene had an older sister named Signey, known as the Blood Goddess. They never got along, even though Selene tried her hardest to make amends with her sister. Signey had a grudge that couldn't be removed.

"No." The Goddess would say, "I... Don't remember that."

Ullr bounced his leg, folding his arms over his broad chest and leaning back.

River and Riot explained the entire battle to them, down to every minute detail. Small pieces of information were recognizable to Selene, but most of it was a blur.

"Then... Signey died, and you and Luna suddenly disappeared." Riot finished.

Ullr slammed his fist on the table, shocking everyone. "I KNEW THAT WHORE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS!" He'd roar, the trees shifting with his exclaim.

"Ullr..." Selene muttered, which made him lean back in his chair again. "Please mind your language."

Lucifer shook a finger, "Nope! He's right- she IS a whore!"

"Mind yourself in front of the Moon Goddess." A deeper voice rattled from behind Selene.

Looking over her shoulder, she saw a tall man. He had caramel hair and a white-collared shirt tucked under his formal dark blue pants. His suit jacket was in his hands as the man approached.

It was clear from the open patio door that he had just walked out of the mansion.

"'Bout time." Riot scoffed. The muscular woman flushed in embarrassment as the man came over and kissed her forehead.

"Couldn't skip that meeting." He rumbled, "I didn't want to share with everyone and their dog that The Goddess was in my backyard."

That was quite reasonable. Selene silently appreciated him for his forward-thinking- something her husband tended not to have.

Now was a good time to ask Cronus about his brother, though.

"Cronus?" She softly called. The man looked at her attentively as if every word she spoke would be vital to his survival. "Do you know what Argus might have to do with this?"

The Alpha Male's expression shifted into confusion, eyeing her as if she spoke hieroglyphs.

"My... brother?" He'd purse his lips, "Well, he's dead."

Both Ullr and Selene looked shocked. He's... dead? But they saw him before coming here.

Cronus sighed before finishing,

"I killed him during the battle."